News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

I am terribly sorry for you and your family. Sal's legacy will certainly live on in each one of us here, as well as in the advancements he helped bring about in the world of reel upgrades. A truly sad day.

foakes

To Cathy, Alyssa, and Anthony —

Sue's and my deepest condolences during this tough time of change.

One thing that I know to be true — as usual, Sal is moving forward as a pioneer, innovator, and the highest example of a good, solid, loving man.

We will miss his humor — but will remember it — along with his wisdom, responsible work ethic, care and pride in his family, his generosity, and his pioneering knowledge in our little world of fishing tackle.

If there is anything that we can do — I will forward my personal contact information to Sal's message box on this site.

Just let me know.

I know that Sal is right now figuring out how to make each of our future paths, as we follow him — easier and smoother.

A good man never dies in the Hearts and Souls of those who love him — and he continues on in each of us.

Godspeed to my brother, Sal...

Sincerely,

Fred Oakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

RIP Sal, you will be greatly missed.
Cathy and family, I am so sorry :(

You are in our thoughts, ~Mo & Scott
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Aiala

Baruch Dayan Ha'emet... (Hebrew: Blessed is the True Judge)

Sal was a remarkable fellow, generous beyond imagining, truly a man among men; as long as the Ohana lives, so will Sal's memory. For me, I will always think of him when I pick up my Penn 970...  :-[

"May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest..."

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

RowdyW

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of my Buddy. We never met in person but we were true close friends. Someday we will make that fishing trip together. May he rest in peace.         Rudy

steelfish

daaan m it !!!  I can believe it.

Sal's wife & family please recieve my deepest condolences, I feel fortunated to have some of those Sal's reel handle knobs in some of my favorite reels, I will have them as treasures.
The Baja Guy

Rancanfish

There is no way to replace Sal's impact here.  Every one of us has a Sal influenced reel in his possession and owe a debt to him.

Blessings to your family Cathy as you move forward.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Sharkb8

I am terrible sorry for you and your family. RIP Sal you will be missed by all.

Kim

Hardy Boy

Cathy all of the best to you and your family in this difficult time. I can't imagine what your family is going through. Take care and remember the good times.

Todd
Todd

Gfish

Pain.
RIP Sal, will miss you.
Thank you Sal's family, for the updates. My deepest condolences to you and yours.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Jim Fujitani

Cathy and family, my deepest condolences.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I hope that when my time comes that I can face it with half the courage that Sal demonstrated for us all, and that I too will have my family by my side. May his memory be a blessing.

Dominick

Cathy, as you know Sal and I became fast friends.  Linda joins me in offering our condolences.  He will be missed by both of us and you and your family are in our prayers.  Sal gave me the Tank which I use on my Mexico trips.  I will forever think of him when I use it.  If you go through this site you will see how much that man contributed.  He gave his wisdom and generosity to all here.  His kindness and writings will remain in cyber space forever.  Rest in Peace my friend.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cortez_Conversions

It's amazing to me how much of an impact a single man can have around the world and never meeting face to face.

Cathy, thank you for letting us know of Sal's passing. I will truly miss him and have been thinking of him daily.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Cathy, is there a charity that we could donate to in Sal's memory?