Unknown Senator

Started by L.I. Anthony, December 23, 2011, 10:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.I. Anthony

Does anyone know what type of Senator this is ?

Dominick

the pictures are too small.  They won't open larger then a thumbnail size. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

The top 2 looks like the GT or GT2 series as there's probably a line guide with those reels.   The last????
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

akfish

Ditto. The top two pictures are from a 320 or 330 GTi; only the bottom is from from a Senator. Even eBay sellers should know better...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Keta

Quote from: akfish on December 24, 2011, 12:14:39 PM
Even eBay sellers should know better...

I'm not too sure.  I recently got a Jigmaster 501 that was listed as a 500 and a 500 "for parts" that needed the left side bearing backed up to free up the "jammed spool" and now it works perfectly.  I also saw a chromed spool advertised as an aluminum one.

I have also learned that "vintage" means over priced worn out gear.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Quote from: akfish on December 24, 2011, 12:14:39 PM
Even eBay sellers should know better...

I've also seen such things on ebay.  Several months ago I saw a 349 Master Mariner with a Newell Wahoo kit for sale.  The seller had it listed as a Senator.  He never answered when I questioned it, but later re-listed it correctly.  I don't feel I've ever been "burned" on ebay, but ALL of my purchases needed new drag washers.  It's something I expect to happen.     
viurem lliures o morirem

Irish Jigger

I'm not too sure.  I recently got a Jigmaster 501 that was listed as a 500 and a 500 "for parts" that needed the left side bearing backed up to free up the "jammed spool" and now it works perfectly.  I also saw a chromed spool advertised as an aluminum one.

I have also learned that "vintage" means over priced worn out gear.
[/quote]
All my 501's have 500 LH side plates fitted and some have 500 RH side plates too.
Schematics show 500LH side plates on 501 reels.

alantani

yeah, 300 graphite series.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!