drag washer under 113h main gear

Started by snagger, December 27, 2011, 02:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagger

doesn't using a larger drag washer under the main gear eventually interfere with the anti reverse dog

redsetta

G'day snagger and welcome aboard.
In a word, no...  ;)
Use a #6-875 HT-100 for the replacement washer under the main gear.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

snagger

thank you, doing my first rebuild......this site is a great help...but i guess i started a little too late..accurate stainless gears are like non existent

Alto Mare

Quote from: snagger on December 27, 2011, 02:00:36 AM
doesn't using a larger drag washer under the main gear eventually interfere with the anti reverse dog
No! I personally believe that using the same washer that you would use in the main gear for under the gear would helps keep the dog, or in my case dogs better aligned. I got the idea from the larger Senators, the washers used under the gear on those models is very close to the washers used in the gears. I've been using the reels for a while now, with no issues. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

there should be enough clearance so that the carbon fiber drag washers should not cause the dog to bind up.  i've always been concerned, however, that the sharp edges of the gear sleeve creating a clump of fuzz that could get underneath the dog.  i've only seen it happen a couple of times.  the drags are so much better with the carbon fiber, that i've figured that it would be worth the risk.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

VW

Quote from: snagger on December 27, 2011, 04:25:43 AM
thank you, doing my first rebuild......this site is a great help...but i guess i started a little too late..accurate stainless gears are like non existent

I have some gears. Interested?

alantani

there are probably several guys that would be interested.  if you could post up some info, i'm certain you would get a response. alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

VW

I did receive several inquiries. snagger was interested and we have made a deal.