Cradle fishing rod

Started by oldmanjoe, March 05, 2021, 05:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

:D    A little of the old school and a little of the new school .    So far it looks like it will work .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Look great Joe, but I though the spirell had to go the other way, so its turning the rod to the left as you placing pressure on the right side as your winding, but I am listening if I am wrong, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

Good catch ....      I did have the guide hanging on the left side just before i took the picture .
    I kept looking at it and decided to put it on the right side .      Agate guides are a little on the fragile side .,  By putting it on the right side i can lay the rod down on the left side without worrying to much .         ;D    I `ll keep the debate going ,left verses right side .     :)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Ron Jones

From what I understand it depends on your dominant hand. You made that for a South Paw, THANKS!!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Ron Jones on March 28, 2021, 10:30:44 PM
From what I understand it depends on your dominant hand. You made that for a South Paw, THANKS!!

The Man
???  Made for a South Paw , how so ?

oldmanjoe

I tied  the guides on and doing more testing , i had to make a small change .    
 The reel was not full with line , about were it would be with line out fishing.
The line sat on top of my ring finger  , and my finger was on top of a bead .  A game of tug of war could be pain full .
               So back on the lathe and cut off the two beads for finger clearance  

Crow

Looking good ! Anxious to get a fishing report !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oldmanjoe

I am anxious to fish this cradle set up with two completely different sticks .
Although i can see the spiral being the winner already .   

Bill B

Great work!  Love the progress and the willingness to go backwards a step t correct a deficiency, i.e. line cutting across your fingers.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oldmanjoe

The fringe  benefit of making it from scratch , i can change the prototype at any giving time .
   It is kind of strange to make the reel with a very low center of gravity , only to put tall guides to make clearance  for the line to get past the grip .
    It`s play time for this old man , The what if .........