Main Menu

hi guys!

Started by GT, January 12, 2012, 07:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

I'm not sure of where should I post a reel comparison post.

I mean, I have to buy a new reel for a specific purpose and I cannot decide between three models (it is actually a matter of max drag in freespool).

L.

Dominick

Lorenzo:  Post in the General Questions Thread at the home page.  Yes Florence is very beautiful, and the foccacia in Liguria is the best in Italy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

GT

If you are passing near here just gimme a call!

I'll take you fishing :)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: GT on January 18, 2012, 09:40:32 PM
If you are passing near here just gimme a call!
I'll take you fishing :)
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 18, 2012, 09:59:58 PM
Vengo anch'io?....
Ok Sal it looks we are going fishing in Italy.  We can eat our way through the 5 steps.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Count me in Dominick. We could also go to my part of town and fish the Adriatic in the morning and the Mediterranean in the evening.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

GT

Sure Sal!

Where are you from?

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 18, 2012, 11:33:00 PM
Count me in Dominick. We could also go to my part of town and fish the Adriatic in the morning and the Mediterranean in the evening.
Quote from: GT on January 19, 2012, 06:13:49 PM
Sure Sal!

Where are you from?
Probably from Puglia if he can fish both the Adriatic and Mediterrean.  Bari? Sal I decided to check a map of Italy.  It looks like it is a long way from the Adriatic to the Mediterranean.  How would you do it Sal?  Don't say jet boat.   :) Dominick

Alto Mare

I don't know what a heck you're talking about Dominick, I'm from Pennsylvania ::)  ;D.
Lorenzo and Domenico, I grew up in Isernia, Molise and moved to the US when I was a teenager. From the Mediterraneo to the Adriatico it's approx. 100 miles.
Dominick, google Isernia and you'll see. By the way, I've never heard of another town named Isernia in Italy, pretty unusual.

GT

UNonfortunately from Isernia to La Spezia (where I usually go fishing) it's much more than 100 miles.

Where do you fish Alto Mare?

I think I'll be in NY in April and DC in March (do not think to have time to go fishing though).

L.

Dominick

Quote from: GT on January 20, 2012, 06:50:35 PM
UNonfortunately from Isernia to La Spezia (where I usually go fishing) it's much more than 100 miles.

Where do you fish Alto Mare?

I think I'll be in NY in April and DC in March (do not think to have time to go fishing though).

L.
Lorenzo:  La Spezia, bella.  In 1969 I bought a Triumph TR-6 and had it delivered to me in Europe.  Left France and got on the Autostrada.  The Autostrada was under construction and we had to drop down to the coastal road to La Spezia.  The coastal road was exciting to say the least.  I learned how to pass trucks using my horn and lights ;D.  I loved that part of Italy.  Sal, I googled Isernia.  No wonder you like the ocean.  You were born in the mountains smack dab in the middle of Italy.  God Bless America.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Dominick, lots of natural spring water coming from those mountains. We used to dring the water we fished in. About the sea, it  took us less than one hour to go either direction. Here it takes me close to two hours to get to the Jersey coast, and most of the time to catch a boat load of skates and dogfish :-\. I miss the trouts we used to catch in Italy.

GT

Wow... I always complain about our poor sea here in Italy. Lots of professional fishermen with nets did steal almost everything from the Mediterranean. 

I wish I could go spin those big tunas just offshore Cape Cod that I always see in fishing videos on Youtube..

Maybe one day I will have the time.. :)