Shimano Torium 50

Started by franky, January 19, 2012, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

I just converted the pawl in a Torium 50 reel and changed out the dartanium drags to greased carbon fiber washers.  All in all, it was not very difficult and the spring loaded pawl sounds and feels very smooth....I like it!  ;D

The only question I have is the left side bearing.  How do you remove the left side bearing?  I can't seem to get the bearing puller under the bearing.  :-\ I noticed on the other side of the inner plastic sideplate holding the bearing, there is a very tiny hole that seems to display some sort of a bearing shield.  I tried to stick the tip of a paper clip in and poke it hoping that it will push out the bearing....no success.  :-[  Theres got to be a better way to remove this left side bearing.

Oh, and I tried to put back the bearing retainer clip...this seems to also be a challenge.  I am not sure if the bearing is sitting higher in the slot thus making the retainer clip not sit very well.  Does this retainer clip need to be seated in a certain orientation? or it doesn't matter as long as it is seated well in the side grooves.

Thanks in advance.... :)

Irish Jigger

franky

Okay, I got it.  Just got to use a fish hook, the point is small enough to slide right under the bearing and you'll be able to gently giggle the bearing up enough to get the bearing puller under....from there its easy.

Anyway, I am happy to have been able to remove the bearing and I was also able to get the retainer clip to seat well.  :)