OBD2 Scanners

Started by jgp12000, January 24, 2022, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

looks like my old OBD2 scanner bit the dust, our 2003 Mazda Tribute has thrown a code, my scanner wont connect on other vehicles as well. I cleaned the connector still no go. I have seen the new ones that connect to smart phones, but am more of a HF guy since I rarely need one my old HF scanner has lasted for years. Any suggestions ? I know all the parts stores will scan, but I like to be able to do it at home.

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

jgp12000

Wompus Cat

Well I thought you didn't want one that you needed additional software installed  or with an app and the one you linkek to does NOT have a digital Display .
Good Luck to you.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Gobi King

$10 you can get  a bluetooth scanner off amazon/ebay

then get the pro scanner app for a dollar for your phone and scan away.

Nice thing is that you can monitor trans temps and other stuff NOT on your dash with it.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Gfish

One's that give you real-time read-outs on component performance as you drive are nice, but you gotta have either a long cord or good place near the connector where it will stay put.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

DougK

I had several of the bluetooth ones, but they were erratic - the bluetooth pairing never worked reliably and each one would work only on some cars.
The Harbor Freight ZURICH ZR4s has been reliable for a couple of years now. This allows reset of the codes too.

jgp12000

Yep I decided to get a hardwired one as well, no more than I use one, I can be done before BT connects.