Blackfish Special

Started by Surfrat, April 15, 2022, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Just cover the USPS small flat rate shipping and I'll send you new one.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MisterStinky

Quote from: Surfrat on October 17, 2023, 01:09:31 PMI recently installed the SS gear sleeve with the fine star. I let my friend who is a kid use my Blackfish Special right next to me and he dropped it on the rocks and broke the handle...  :'( Crackle Jack...  :P  :-\ Now I need to get a Penn 24-56 handle.  :-[

Oh no! I couldnt afford shipping on a power handle so just cut the center out of my stock jigmaster handle and brazed it into a longer crank. And popped the handle grip off and bolted it on to the new crank wirh loctite.

MisterStinky

MisterStinky

Thanks. The shipping alone would have been more than I paid for both my jigmasters..

Bryan Young

Wow!!!  Interesting reads. Thanks. It's been a while since I read this post. Thanks guys.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Surfrat

MisterStinky, what kind of metal did you used for you special handle?

JasonGotAProblem, I sent you a PM.

I am hunting for a few replacement parts but it's a challenge to find it right now.$$$

JasonGotaProblem

Are you sure? I didn't see one.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Surfrat

I found a long crack and lots of scratches on the handle plate. I going to have to win a penn 250 bid to get a new face for my Blackfish Special. >:D

MisterStinky

Quote from: Surfrat on October 19, 2023, 03:35:55 PMMisterStinky, what kind of metal did you used for you special handle?

JasonGotAProblem, I sent you a PM.

I am hunting for a few replacement parts but it's a challenge to find it right now.$$$

Just a scrap bit of mild steel. Ive just been wiping down with an oily rag but will clear coat if rust becomes an issue.

Surfrat

I didn't win last week so I am trying again to win a penn 250 to replace the handle plate and get another handle.

MisterStinky

No way of fixing the crack?

Surfrat

For me, the glued plates eventually broke again.  :'(

MisterStinky

Oh well you don't lose anything by trying 👌. At least you know how not to fix it.

Good luck with the hunt for a replacement!!