Someone please build something!

Started by thorhammer, April 21, 2022, 12:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: Bill B on April 21, 2022, 05:28:03 PMI have this little DAM Quick 110 on the bench right now.  Does this count 🤔. Bill

Just let me know if you need anything for this little DQ 110, Bill —-

Glad to send it down , at N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Quote from: Keta on April 22, 2022, 01:54:15 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on April 21, 2022, 07:39:25 PMbut Lee, what be that???!!!! That looks like something I'd use in my professional life, like a pre-press powder dehydrator / granulator. Or, a couple pipes away from a big batch of beer!!!!

It's a algae dryer.

I thought maybe so...I recalled you harvesting. Sweet.

foakes

Put these (2) Senators together out of 95% new parts from the bins in between working on DQ's and others for clients.

Little 1/0 & 9/0.

Upgraded the drags to CF & SS.

Put a stronger set of post bars on the 1/0.

And both reels got a SS clamp with the ring lock.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

That's two reels I can't have enough of.

Rothmar2

Will this do?

Have a few photos how I go about making the handles, which I will put up soon.

Swami805

Wow, great looking reel, that handle makes it pop. I got a couple 3/0 size. I need to get busy
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Flushed Chris out of hiding in the bushes!!! Yesssss!

mhc

I reckon that qualifies Chris - nice reel. I've got an epoxy handle blank that looks remarkably similar to that - I'm keen to see how you made yours.
Mike 

PS Wow , that was quick
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Rothmar2

Quote from: thorhammer on April 28, 2022, 11:48:06 PMFlushed Chris out of hiding in the bushes!!! Yesssss!

;D  ;D  ;D

Yep, you got me John! Just put something up on the Squidder thread.

foakes

Beautifully done, Rothmar!!

Nice color choices.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.