Tackle hoarders, what have you picked up lately???

Started by pjstevko, September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I came home from my 10 day with a rod I won in a drawing.  A Phenix Axis 760x2h "Guadalupe Special". I used it with a Mak 16 SEa on the trip.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on October 11, 2022, 10:20:06 PMI came home from my 10 day with a rod I won in a drawing.  A Phenix Axis 760x2h "Guadalupe Special". I used it with a Mak 16 SEa on the trip.

That's a nice prize! How'd it fish?

MarkT

Quote from: pjstevko on October 12, 2022, 04:07:32 AM
Quote from: MarkT on October 11, 2022, 10:20:06 PMI came home from my 10 day with a rod I won in a drawing.  A Phenix Axis 760x2h "Guadalupe Special". I used it with a Mak 16 SEa on the trip.

That's a nice prize! How'd it fish?
Good, but I just used it for dropper loop. It brought up a 15# Sheepshead.

sabaman1

JIM

DougK

Quote from: Gfish on October 05, 2022, 05:24:40 AMA '78 or so, Shimano Bantam. I was thinkin' 'bout lil baitcasters and Shimano came to mind, what about their old stuff? There's so much plastic/graphite composite on the modern stuff.
Then I remembered a post by Mo on one of these reels he acquired. Also, OC-1 Steve provided some interesting history in that thread on the "Lew's speed spool-first Shimano baitcaster" connection.
METAL! Yes, those first Shimano's were almost completely metal; even the handle-knobs were wood insteada plastic.

wow that's a pretty Bantam.. terrific.

MarkT

Quote from: sabaman1 on October 12, 2022, 04:41:03 AMMark is that rod a 100lb rod?

No. It's rated 40-100 so it's a 60-80# rod. Plenty of 40-100# rods top out at 60#.

philaroman

Quote from: steelfish on October 05, 2022, 05:05:08 PM
Quote from: Gfish on October 05, 2022, 05:24:40 AMA '78 or so, Shimano Bantam.

G, looks like a nice match for that rod.

I have the bantam 200 magnumlite which is similar reel but metal and graphite and love it
Quote from: DougK on October 13, 2022, 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: Gfish on October 05, 2022, 05:24:40 AMA '78 or so, Shimano Bantam. I was thinkin' 'bout lil baitcasters and Shimano came to mind, what about their old stuff? There's so much plastic/graphite composite on the modern stuff.
Then I remembered a post by Mo on one of these reels he acquired. Also, OC-1 Steve provided some interesting history in that thread on the "Lew's speed spool-first Shimano baitcaster" connection.
METAL! Yes, those first Shimano's were almost completely metal; even the handle-knobs were wood insteada plastic.

wow that's a pretty Bantam.. terrific.

for all you fans of simpler early post-Lew's Shimano
simpler early post-Lew's Ryobi (V-mag III & IV, etc.) are also well-worth a look
I think earliest V-mags might be all metal w/ plain bushings

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on October 06, 2022, 04:25:18 AMOrdered a fathom 15xnld2 from a outfit in Australia nib $168 all in. It's not the new gen 2 but couldn't pass it up for that $.  Should be here in a couple weeks. It's on eBay if anyone is looking for one

oooh mi amigo Sheridan, looks like the SPJ bug bite you hard !!

great reel and even better price
The Baja Guy

sabaman1

Quote from: MarkT on October 13, 2022, 09:37:11 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on October 12, 2022, 04:41:03 AMMark is that rod a 100lb rod?

No. It's rated 40-100 so it's a 60-80# rod. Plenty of 40-100# rods top out at 60#.
Thanks Mark
JIM

sundancer

been away a very long time.  hope all are well

Powerhouse Transmission off eBay..

gotta warn the wife AGAIN, that my fishing stuff is not junk...    ;)

Steve
Miles to go.....,

foakes

A very early D.A.M. Quick SW68 —- with a line counter.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

CI_Seawolf

Stay Classy!

sabaman1

JIM

Shellbelly

Another 130.  I can't pass these early ones up.  Still, no box.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

pjstevko

Anyone buy any gear today?

Charkbait was having a good sale on high end reels but so far I haven't pulled the trigger.... Showing restraint has been hard  >:D