Tackle hoarders, what have you picked up lately???

Started by pjstevko, September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1

Turners black friday sale.Today I finally found the rod I've been looking for for a few months, a Phenix Trifecta lite 904. This is an awesome rod for surf fishing throwing the Lucky craft 110 minnows for various surf species especially halibut. The Phenix rods have had low stock since the pandemic, as the blank shipments from china have been few and far between.
JIM

David Hall

Most recent purchase is a Phenix Titan Long Fall 30-80 SPJ rod and an Okuma Alijos 16 2 speed.  Haven't used them yet but bringing them on my next LR trip.

MarkT

I picked op a Fathom 15xnld2 from Oz via ebay... $185.38 to my door.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

sabaman1

JIM

Swami805

I went for 15nld2 as well a little while ago.  $168 to my door. Thinking now I should have bought two
Do what you can with that you have where you are

pjstevko

I love my 15ld2 for 30# bait and have landed bft up to 50# with it without issue

pointbob

a used MORDEX "MERLIN" 4 1/2″ CENTRE PIN REEL from the 1970s; and i don't really know how to centrepin cast lol....i just love the look....paid $100 usd.....argh....

i will try to use it float fishing in the pnw.

Patience comes to those who wait

JasonGotaProblem

I just got a mini collection sent to me by Keith

A built 501 with tib frame and steel 5:1 gears
An abu 5000c
A daiwa 27sh
An abu with all identifying markings scratched off
A shimano MLZ 10
Shimano bantam mag 10SG
Mitchell 304
Mitchell 306
Alcedo "Erie 2c"?

Also a bunch of handles and knobs.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

pointbob

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 27, 2022, 02:20:51 AMI just got a mini collection sent to me by Keith

A built 501 with tib frame and steel 5:1 gears
An abu 5000c
A daiwa 27sh
An abu with all identifying markings scratched off
A shimano MLZ 10
Shimano bantam mag 10SG
Mitchell 304
Mitchell 306
Alcedo "Erie 2c"?

Also a bunch of handles and knobs.

that tiburon reel is cool...what's it for...tuna on a kayak? and your abu is likely a black max 3600 depending on the weight...but that's what i reckon...if you dremel all the parts shiny and some light oil she's a fine little casting reel
Patience comes to those who wait

sebastianr240

I've recently bought the folllowing:

2 Shimano speedmaster IV (one that i'm trying to sell cuz i've bought so much stuff)

Old Shimano Trinidad 20

An Avet LX 6.0 that came with a beater 7' rod

2 Dave workman Jr signature kingfish rods

Shimano Speedmaster 2 speed 16 as a birthday gift

an old japanese tld 15 that ended up breaking on me 😢

Serious case of GAS 😂

Gfish

What broke on the TLD sebastianr240?

That 27sh has a nice lookin handle on it Jason, some kinda aftermarket product?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sebastianr240

Quote from: Gfish on November 28, 2022, 03:13:16 AMWhat broke on the TLD sebastianr240?

That 27sh has a nice lookin handle on it Jason, some kinda aftermarket product?

The frame. It's replaceable but i just don't want to invest more into it since it was a project reel.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Gfish on November 28, 2022, 03:13:16 AMThat 27sh has a nice lookin handle on it Jason, some kinda aftermarket product?
Indeed. I find the stock 27SH way too short for comfort, so it woulda gotten swapped anyway. I have another, they're great little reels.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Rancanfish

Quote from: pointbob on November 27, 2022, 01:33:58 AMa used MORDEX "MERLIN" 4 1/2″ CENTRE PIN REEL from the 1970s; and i don't really know how to centrepin cast lol....i just love the look....paid $100 usd.....argh....

i will try to use it float fishing in the pnw.

Whereabouts?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Bryan Young

I picked up some more surf rods...Okuma's HCS (Hawaiian Custom Surf) Rods in 13 and 14 foot for fishing in Hawaii.  These are 3 piece rods set up for fishing spinners, but I will strip the guides, re-position them and add more guides for surf bait casting with Newell 338s for the 13 foot rods and 344s for the 14 foot rods.  They are super light and I just like the feel of them. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D