A rod for Keith

Started by JasonGotaProblem, January 02, 2023, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Our good friend Keith (handi2) has been extremely generous to me both with knowledge, and actual tackle. In fact he's the one that kick started my round abu collection/addiction. So when he said he wanted one of my builds, I paused all my other projects and started right away. This would be my 2nd rod not built for braid.

Rod is a 2 piece 5'6" 6-10# fiberglass blank with polished fuji LY guides and a size 16 Fuji seat. Guides were spaced for 6# mono on a Mitchell 308

I call this one "the Jupiter"
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

David Hall

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

steelfish

nice rod Jason, Keith will like it
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

handi2

I got it and it is good....

Thanks Jason
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter

Sweet!  You do suh nice work! = john

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

JasonGotaProblem

Thanks guys I'm pretty proud of this one, and it couldn't ask for a better home. It's nothing super high end but I bet it'll be fun to fish with.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Jason I just have to say it again. I'm having a blast already throwing a 1/2 sinker in and out of my shop door.

A nice size Panfish will be a blast!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Sweet build for good dude!

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: handi2 on January 03, 2023, 11:11:13 AMJason I just have to say it again. I'm having a blast already throwing a 1/2 sinker in and out of my shop door.

A nice size Panfish will be a blast!!
That's the review I was waiting for. I've built 3 of these. I can say firsthand they'll hold their own against a 20" redfish, an 18" Jack crevalle, or any sized bass you care to find... if the angler cooperates.

This one was a lot of fun. And probably one of my fastest builds.

xjchad

Great work and good on you!
Husband, Father, Fisherman