SOA 8 day, October 2-10, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I got mine with minutes to spare at the federal building in SF.  I exited the building with the new one,  turned on my phone, took 3 steps and Alan called needing it NOW.

That was too close.

Overall my experience with the State Department went well but  parking in the Tenderloin (country bumpken did not know better) and walking on the drug addict lined streets was not fun.  I parked several blocks on the other side when I returned to pick it up and only had to step around 1 puddle of blood and one of vomit....plus it was not meetered parking.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Hey Wayne, I know this is news to you, but you don't need a passport for Alaska.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

johndtuttle

yea, I got an appt for the renewal on tues the 5th....hope I can rush process a passport in ~4 weeks...

Bill B

Is there any information regarding bedding, fuel surcharge, etc?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

bedding has been provided in the past and it should be the same.  we won't know about a fuel surcharge until we board.  it's not likely. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

R46chevy

johndtuttle

What's the situation for fish processing? Every man for himself?

I'm coming, Alan. I just gotta get a passport uber rushed (set me back 800 clams...). But if it doesn't come in time I am hosed.

alantani

unfortunately, the processors are dictating terms.  we will try to get back early to get first in line.  call fisherman's, 5 star and mario's and see who can take a reservation.  that's the best we can do. 

Bill B

So I brow beat 4 of my friends to join and no love.  1 almost committed but he is retiring end of October and couldn't make it work.

I met up with John (Brewcrafter) today to S.T.E.A.L. (Strategical Transfer Equipment to An Alternate Location) gear for Todd (Hardy Boy) and acquire enough 100# mono to make 2 wind on leaders to be made by Lee (Keta). 

Getting close.  So do you know where your equipment is?   Bill

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on August 21, 2023, 06:15:20 PMHey Wayne, I know this is news to you, but you don't need a passport for Alaska.  Dominick

Actually, we DO since our cruise begins in Vancouver, Canada!!! :o

Update on Jennifer's passport.  Jen did contact Senator Feinstein's office, and 2 support staff have been in communication with the US State Dept. & Today, in the US Mail, Jen's Passport Arrived at our home!!!!!!

Friday, we will leave for Vancouver for a 12-day cruise to coastal Alaska and a few days in Vancouver when we arrive back.  I spoke with Todd for a list of things to do while there. Thanks, Todd, for the local RECON.

I'll post photos when we return.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bill B

Any idea who our skipper will be?  Bill

alantani

nope.  we never know for sure until we leave the dock. 

R46chevy

Is anyone spending the night and heading north on the 10th or an easy way to ask is anybody getting stuck with their processing?

alantani

processing has been a mess in recent years.  i will be driving down with lee putman.  if lee's fish is ready on the 10th, we will be headed out on the 10th.  hopefully, we will not have to wait overnight.  they've sort of got you by the  shorts. 

alantani