SOA 8 day, October 2-10, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Good grade of YT coming over the rail this AM off Natividad. Last fishing day!
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

stoked4fishin

Wally15

Homeward Bound! Almost everyone (except me) with a limit of YT and YF. A good time was had by all! Great Captain and crew.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

You wanted more? I can tag you some on the 10 day... I only kept 8 fish on my Excel 10 day... 2 YFT, 2 Dorado, 4 YT... I caught a lot more that I gave away. I don't give away Wahoo and Grouper but then I didn't catch any :(. I have hopes for the 10 day leaving on the 20th :)!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

stoked4fishin

I'd like to catch a keeper grouper as well.

Bill Karr

Congratulations to all. Wish I was there!
Bill

Bill B

An epic trip with great food (Guinness the chef is back), awesome boat and crew (Evan was the skipper), and the greatest bunch of fishermen and women around.  Lots of familiar faces and some new ones too. 

I will try to post a better report after I clean up some gear.  This is my 3rd trip and each has been different. 

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

What a blast getting all but one of my yellowtail on the yoyo iron and all but two of my tuna casting a small iron. Nothing like the hit when you are cranking in.

Todd
Todd

Keta

Iron was the hot ticket this trip, unfortunatly I can not fish it conventionally for long due to arthritis in my wrists.  HOWEVER, slow pitch worked very well for me.
 The 5 larger sharks at Alejos put the hurt to me too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewcrafter

Lee - Never good when the Tax Man shows up - tonight Bill was telling me about some incredible "look, I have a head" type hits...serves to remind we are not the alpha predator out there.  Glad you got hit on the slow pitch!..-john

MarkT

Been there, had that happen. I totally hate those Bronze Whalers at the rocks!

It was that big!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!