Questions with a 118 (16/0) rebuild

Started by dogdad1, February 20, 2012, 08:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizmo67

Hey guys,

I have a ton of projects on my list for Penn corrections, changes and flat out goofs on their schematics.
Since someone actually took the time to email me about the differences, I just bumped this one up to the front of the list.

I've updated Penn's drawing a little bit and added notations to the schematics about older style dog spring and the old style of thicker drag washers, hoping to make things a little more clear.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn117L.aspx
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn117L_LH.aspx
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn118.aspx

~Mo
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

By the way, welcome Miz Mo. It's nice to have you with us.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mizmo67

Thanks, Sal

:D I need to start checking in here more often. Not enough hours in the day, lol
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bryan Young

Thanks Mo. 

Good to see Scotts checking in once and a while to keep us on track.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

dogdad1

Mo, you just made my day!  Thanks so much for bringing things back in perspective.

You'd be amazed at the stuff I found on the floor and under furniture while looking for that 'stooopid' little (now non-existent) bent-copper spring.  I was sure I'd seen it initially but managed to lose it and was never going to get the reel back together correctly.  Among the mundane, I found a tinted contact lens but I don't wear them and wife's are clear (I'm having a hard time explaining that, I might add), several fish-hooks (they sure stay sharp a long time), and a big dust-bunny that I swear started moving (so I called the dog over to sniff it and give the OK first).

Well, I'm just about ready for my big parts-order, wish me luck.

Oh, and I AM going to get several extras of the spring-type dog-springs for the other reels, just in case (HA!  Who am I kidding?  Of course, I'll need extras!).  I'm not too keen on tangling with that dust-bunny again.
"Few things are quite as dangerous or unpredictable as an Engineer with too much time on his hands". - unknown

Dominick

Dogdad1: A good part for me is the humor (humour for you Antipodes) on this site.  You gave me a good laugh.  I had a picture in my mind of you rolling around on the floor with the dust bunny going for the throat.  ;D  Good stuff.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Dust bunny?! Had to look that one up.
Something new everyday...  ;)
Cheers for enriching my word-power, Justin
PS The best phrase I've picked up on Alan's site is still 'hydrodynamic wedge' though.  ;)
PPS And no, Dominick, it's not wedgie - I looked that up, too.  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

How did we get from a 16/0 to a dust bunny and wedges ??? ;D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 27, 2012, 02:52:10 AM

Only here on this site and only if we insert humor. ;D

Stay focused guys, but not on the dust bunnies! ::)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 27, 2012, 02:52:10 AM
Dominick...need I say more?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the site mizmo67 your help is much appreciated.
The 118 Schematics still show the flat spring and two #14's although the coil spring (#14) is listed on the parts list.

George4741

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 27, 2012, 02:10:55 AM
Dogdad1: A good part for me is the humor (humour for you Antiodes) on this site.  You gave me a food laugh.  I had a picture in my mind of you rolling around on the floor with the dust bunny going for the throat.  ;D  Good stuff.  Dominick

The definition of "antiode" from greengonzo.com:

A region of maximum amplitude situated between adjacent nodes of a vibrating body, such as a string.

WHAT ??? ;D

You slay me, Dominick. ;D ;D
viurem lliures o morirem

Dominick

I meant Antipodes.  I'll go back and edit.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.