Gear grinding on 113H

Started by Finest Kind, May 20, 2023, 09:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on June 17, 2023, 01:11:37 AMMan I need to think more clearly before I post stuff sometimes. I was just dead wrong.

we all learn something new everyday on this site.

so, you better check your drag stack for something binding on the sideplate, you can mix & match drag washers of different thickness to make them fit all inside the main gear, that or you shaft sleeve is bent and touching the bridge plate which make you feel that resistance on the handle when turning the drag star, that happened to me once, the shaft sleeve should have a bit of play to spin free when crancking the handle.

The Baja Guy

Finest Kind

One other modification I made on this reel that I forgot to mention is that I substituted longer sideplate screws for the original screws that were in the reel. The reel seat screws are obviously too short and need to be replaced, but all the other screws can be changed to longer screws as well due to the Tiburon frame being thicker. That was mentioned in the original TANK thread by Sal, Alto Mare. I tried to follow that tutorial in building this reel as much as I could, except I bought a Double Dog bridge. Don't trust myself with a Dremel.
John