This 113H is Maxed Out!!!!!

Started by Finest Kind, June 15, 2023, 06:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finest Kind

Recently I commented on another post about the handle blade with the tuna etched on. The coolest handle I have ever seen, hands down. I didn't realize that it was made by someone on this site, Ted! Then Ted PM'd me and said he'd like to send me one. A couple of days later he tells me the package is on the way, but I had better be sitting down when I open it. The package arrived yesterday with TWO beautiful handles, wrapped in Jalapeño Albacore! The red foam handle came off one of his personal reels. As soon as I picked that handle up, I knew that was the handle I was going to put on the 113H I had just finished. To those of you who are familiar with Ted's work, you already know the craftsmanship and level of perfection of these handles. They are literally flawless. I am very grateful to be able to finish the reel with this really great handle. This reel will be turning heads at the Marina in a couple of weeks! Thank you Ted for your generosity!
John

Hardy Boy

Ted has some nice handles and other parts as well. A few of mine are pimped out with maxed out goodies.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gfish

"Coolest handle I have ever seen, hands down". Yup. I have a couple. Good on ya Ted.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Ted hand-shapes the foam knobs in a very labor-intensive way with love. The dude is a treasure. The other knob is Alan's own. Now ya gotta buiid another 4/0.

Keta

Great handles  and the albacore is good too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Finest Kind

Quote from: thorhammer on June 15, 2023, 07:32:04 PMTed hand-shapes the foam knobs in a very labor-intensive way with love. The dude is a treasure. The other knob is Alan's own. Now ya gotta buiid another 4/0.
True! As soon as I realized I had an extra handle I realized I had to build another reel. That will be a good project to get me through a long Winter of no fishing. I feel very fortunate to have those handles, most especially the one with the foam grip!

Swami805

Great handles but wait until you try the tuna!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ExcessiveAngler

Holy cow!
Those really are, just gorgeous!
And for those of us, who have hurting hands!
That foam knob looks so sweet and comfy!
Couldn't even begin to imagine, getting some of those upgrades, on one of my mag powers!
Ah, maybe someday, lol!
Got a really nice, comfortable, functioning, slaying machine there for sure!

steelfish

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on June 16, 2023, 01:18:45 AMThat foam knob looks so sweet and comfy!

yes they are !!

The Baja Guy

broadway

You were clearly lucky to be blessed by Ted with that white gold people call Jalapeño Albacore.
His handles are top notch, hand carved (as John said), and super comfy! All the best FK.
...and yet again, Ted always rises to the occasion.
Enjoy,
Dom

Bryan Young

Nice assembly @Finest Kind

Ted's handle and arms are added pieces towards perfection anyone would want in a reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gfish

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on June 16, 2023, 01:18:45 AMHoly cow!
Those really are, just gorgeous!
And for those of us, who have hurting hands!
That foam knob looks so sweet and comfy!
Couldn't even begin to imagine, getting some of those upgrades, on one of my mag powers!
Ah, maybe someday, lol!
Got a really nice, comfortable, functioning, slaying machine there for sure!

Hmmmm, knobs that may help those with arthritic hands...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Finest Kind

Quote from: broadway on June 16, 2023, 05:07:15 PMYou were clearly lucky to be blessed by Ted with that white gold people call Jalapeño Albacore.
His handles are top notch, hand carved (as John said), and super comfy! All the best FK.
...and yet again, Ted always rises to the occasion.
Enjoy,
Dom
White Gold is the perfect description. We had Jalapeño Albacore for dinner last night and we still have enough for tonight. Blessed!

Maxed Out

Thanks for all the kind comments, but I was just trying to keep John from falling in the rabbit hole. Although it can be a fun and rewarding place !!

John, your reel will do just fine, but if you ever get the itch to reach farther into the rabbit hole, then there's still room for improvement.

I've been down that wabbit hole with the same reel
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

Great job! The greatest folks around are on this site!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !