Hard choice

Started by JasonGotaProblem, August 22, 2023, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Day after tomorrow is game time and I'm almost packed. And cant hardly concentrate on much else.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 07, 2023, 10:22:50 PM... And cant hardly concentrate on much else.

yep, thats fishing !!   :fish

good luck amigo and have fun
The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

Obviously not a local but even here in Kal-Unicornia the news is saying Hurricane Lee is a CAT 3 building up to what they say could be a CAT 4/5 this time tomorrow.

Looks like it's targeting the Atlantic side of the state.

Not trying to be a buzz-kill.

My trip two weeks ago was on the tail end of Hurricane Hillary and the winds were N-A-S-T-Y.

I guess it's a coin toss...

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Keta

There is another one west of Cabo, Jova, but the prediction is it will go west.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

It's still really far out. I'm optimistic. That's all i can be. The people in the cars behind me will be able to tell i have plans.

jurelometer

Quote from: Keta on September 08, 2023, 03:07:23 AMThere is another one west of Cabo, Jova, but the prediction is it will go west.

It's been heading west for awhile now.  All of the eastern Pacific hurricanes have been going mostly due west this year, except for the one time I was heading down to Baja.  That one ran due north, and right through Cedros.

Regarding the Atlantic and Hurricane Lee (no relation, I assume):  The spaghetti charts show a wide range of possible paths. And at Cat 5, it could get scary.

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the sport boats tried to get a few more trips in.  It looks like the big seas and winds are forecast to arrive closer to midweek nearshore on Florida's east coast.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/marine/forecast/enhanced_atlc.php?text

Good luck!  If you don't pack any expectations, you'll have some fun.  Hopefully you won't need to deal with Lee next week.

-J

Wolfram M

I can hardly wait, I wanna see Jason come home with one THIS BIG!

JasonGotaProblem

Just one keeper but some really fun losses including a probably 5' or 6' barracuda.

Rave reviews for this company. I'm on the boat now, but in cell range. Also some gratuitous rod shots.

Crab Pot

Looks like a Tuna Slider.

We're you using live bait?

Looked pretty nice out there.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Wolfram M

Looks like a great day to go fishing-is that a schoolmaster snapper?

My first time ever going offshore fishing, I was 8 years old and went out with my grandfather. We only caught barracuda all day long and I remember it being so much fun-my grandfather caught a 60" and I caught a 44" cuda, and it's what hooked me all those years ago on saltwater fishing.

thrasher

I think it's a Lane Snapper

Wolfram M

Could be. Can't see a lot of yellow on the tail, but it definitely could be a Lane. Looks like a nice dinner to me!

JasonGotaProblem

It was a lane. I didn't realize their keeper size was 8" or I'd say i got 10 keeper fish yesterday. I only kept the one decent sized one.

It's funny how things change. This time I was the guy trying to give pointers to the guy on my right, who only caught one small fish the whole trip, because he was nowhere near the bottom.

ExcessiveAngler

Who was that, really happy guy, that photo bombed you lol?
I see a little smirk on your face, so hopefully, you just took it all in, and enjoyed yourself this time buddy!
Did you guys do any jigging at all?

JasonGotaProblem

I had 2 pics of the fish. Definitely decided to go with that one.

I don't remember his name but he was cool. I had a lot of great conversations on that boat. Far more so than the last trip.