Olympic Dolphin Reels?

Started by CoastieFlo, March 04, 2012, 08:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoastieFlo

Anyone ever had one of these?  Ive read they are pretty good quality wise and all the parts are SS too.  Anyone have one apart? Easy to fix or ?  thx

Alto Mare

Yes I had one a whyle back, mine was a lever wind reel and I liked it a lot. The only reason I sold it was becouse I'm not a fan of lever wind reels, but I did get to use it and really liked it. I believe that the reel was made in Japan. I can't tell you if they're easy to fix, I just don't remember. Good luck with it. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

Very similar to Penn. I've gotten some parts in the past from Tuna's Reel troubles.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

alantani

i've got a couple here in the garage.  very small drags.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

seaeagle2

I've got two that my father in law bought probably in the 70's when he had his boat and was fishing. One of them appears to have come to a bad end, sort of "blowing up".  The other one I've got in the box with the orginal schematic, wrench and bottle of oil and rod clamp...
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

CoastieFlo

Alan, can a person put better drags in them?  Or are they a funky size ?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!