Penn Black 112 and YTS KIT

Started by jigmaster501, September 02, 2023, 01:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

I just got a 113H YTS kit and the reel seat holes line up perfect with the black 112.

The bar holes at the top and bottom line up but the center hole would need to be drilled.

If anyone makes a YTS kit again with the seat and bars, please add the center hole in each bar so the kit can be used with the Black Senator 112. All you need from here is a long beach 66 stainless spool or a seaboy 190 aluminum spool and we would have a deadly topless black 112 YTS kit with slow gears.

Thanks everyone

Eugene

MarkT

But nobody cares about a frame for the black 113. A total potential market of 3 buyers... just say no!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

jigmaster501

The black 113 is the same frame as the 113h. The 112 just needs those center holes on the bars. The 112 black is a powerhouse reel with a 5 stack drag.

Keta

Quote from: MarkT on September 02, 2023, 02:24:28 AMBut nobody cares about a frame for the black 113. A total potential market of 3 buyers... just say no!

The change would be easy and cost minimal with CNC machines and give people another option.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: MarkT on September 02, 2023, 02:24:28 AMBut nobody cares about a frame for the black 113. A total potential market of 3 buyers... just say no!

Nobody cares for snide comments either, but here you are....
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Keta

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on September 02, 2023, 04:21:40 PMNobody cares for snide comments either, but here you are....

From a person that knows how hard the change is and can do it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

If it just needs an additional hole on each side of the frame then drill them and tap them and you'd be good to go. I'm not a machinist but even I could do that. But yes, if making a new frame, adding a couple additional holes to support another reel would be the way to go.

jigmaster501

I can build just about anything. Making new holes with precision is the issue. If off a hair, everything is for nothing.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: jigmaster501 on September 02, 2023, 09:45:37 PMI can build just about anything. Making new holes with precision is the issue. If off a hair, everything is for nothing.

You're not wrong. I dont try to measure anything when I'm cutting or drilling on reels. I line it up and mark my holes. But I'm dumb. So take that with a grain of salt.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MarkT

Screw the side plate on using the 2 existing holes and mark the location for the 3rd hole. It should be dead on, right?

Keta

It is far easier and it does not break the anodising to have the hole drilled and tapped by a CNC machine before anodizing and it is not that much work to add a hole to a CAD drawing.

Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

Ok dumb question/devil's advocate if its between 2 other holes, and other established reels still reliably kick butt without that hole filled, couldn't you just leave that screw out?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

I wouldn't.  Crud or salt water might get under the ring and build up cracking the ring.

Mark Twain

MarkT

Grease the edge of the ring and frame (and new screw hole) and screw it together. How many anodized frames/reels have chips or scratches and still work fine?

jigmaster501

The problem with the black 112 is that all the holes don't go to the outer ring. The hole that needs to be drilled is truly needed for structural integrity.