Penn 49 super mariner

Started by Kolbein, October 05, 2023, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbein

Hi. Me again 🙂.. so I have gotten a lot of good help both here and in pm's.. i'm not in a hurry to fix this one, but opened ut last night.. not as bad as feared. Need a lot of cleaning,a lot... but to me, ghe parts seem ok.. postingsome photos,  to get feedback on the parts, sideplates etc.. i know they are dirty,  but hope that potensial problems are visible. Thanks in advance 🙂🙂

Best regards Kolbein
Norwegian Noob

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

farmer56

farmer56 here , a fellow norwegian . fourth generation south west Minnesota farmer,recently retired. My inlaws still have a farm in Norway , would like to see some day . enough about me , i think i have a mint 49 might even have steel cable on it . Free to you . I will even help out on the shipping . P M me your address if interested  Dennis Heggeseth transplanted Norwegian , this may hurt alittle but my sister did a dna kit test , 83% norway 17% sweden

Kolbein

Quote from: farmer56 on October 12, 2023, 02:44:48 PMfarmer56 here , a fellow norwegian . fourth generation south west Minnesota farmer,recently retired. My inlaws still have a farm in Norway , would like to see some day . enough about me , i think i have a mint 49 might even have steel cable on it . Free to you . I will even help out on the shipping . P M me your address if interested  Dennis Heggeseth transplanted Norwegian , this may hurt alittle but my sister did a dna kit test , 83% norway 17% sweden

Pm sent.. I'm lost for words 🙂🙂
Norwegian Noob

Bill B

Is the broken ring the left outside ring?  If so I might have one, not in great shape but better than that one.  I could send it to you Dennis and maybe you can slip it in the box.  N/C. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

farmer56

Bill i will wait, i was also going to add a few extras

Kolbein

Quote from: Bill B on October 12, 2023, 03:45:06 PMIs the broken ring the left outside ring?  If so I might have one, not in Greta shape but better than that one.  I could send it to you Dennis and maybe you can slip it in the box.  N/C. Bill

I dont know what to say.  It is both outer rings 🙂 sending a pm

Best regards Kolbein
Norwegian Noob

Bill B

I will check the parts bin and see what I have.  They may not be pretty but at least in one piece.  I will post photos later.  Bill

JasonGotaProblem

I'll check mine. Now that i don't have to be the one to do the overseas shipping (or fill out that dang customs form) I'm happy to contribute.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Bill B

Ok this is what I have.  Both inside rings are intact and the handle ring is intact.  However the left outside ring IS cracked, but still in one piece.  All rings have pitting and chrome loss.  I also have the proper missing screws.  They are yours if you want them, if so I will get them in the mail to Dennis.  Bill

Kolbein

Quote from: Bill B on October 12, 2023, 07:56:19 PMOk this is what I have.  Both inside rings are intact and the handle ring is intact.  However the left outside ring IS cracked, but still in one piece.  All rings have pitting and chrome loss.  I also have the proper missing screws.  They are yours if you want them, if so I will get them in the mail to Dennis.  Bill

Thanks Bill. I don't know how to thank you enough.  :)
Norwegian Noob

Bill B

Cool beans I will try to get it in the mail this weekend.  Bill

farmer56

Bill i will wait for pak. On a side note Kolbein thinks his uncle married a sister of one of my relatives . during our P M names and addresses he recognized my last name, and the town in Norway was the same as my great-great-great-grandfather.

Bill B

The rings and screws were put in the mail today. Dennis, you should receive them by Wednesday.  I will pm the tracking number. 

Kolbein, I hope they work for you.  They aren't in the best of shape, but useable. 

Bill

Kolbein

Quote from: Bill B on October 14, 2023, 08:44:19 PMThe rings and screws were put in the mail today. Dennis, you should receive them by Wednesday.  I will pm the tracking number. 

Kolbein, I hope they work for you.  They aren't in the best of shape, but useable. 

Bill

Thank you  :)  :)  :)
Norwegian Noob