RowdyW

Started by broadway, October 13, 2023, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Well, I have Pm'd Rudy since August and no answer. I figured I would check Pompano Beach, Fl. obituaries and found a Rudolph Weber aged 83 years (same age as our Rudy) who lived in Pompano Beach (same as our Rudy).  It says he passed on Sept. 16th 2023.  Now, I am not saying Rudy passed cause I don't know for sure, I'm just adding things up. He hasn't been active here since August 2nd.  I hope I am completely wrong and he chimes in saying he's alive and well. If you are on the other side, rest easy and enjoy the company on that charter boat in the sky, my friend. You'll be missed.  If you're not, then I miss ya and would love to hear from you again. If anyone knows more please fill us in on a solid, long standing member of the Ohana.
All the best,
Dom

Gfish

Hmmm. Doesn't sound good. I've been wondering about Rowdy-Rudy off and on, especially when now and then, I read his old posts. I remember he had Lung cancer a-while back.
R.I.P. brother, I'll miss your contributions, especially the entertaining ones...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

redsetta

Thanks Dom.
It'd be sad news indeed if confirmed, though I hope it's not!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

The last I heard his cancer returned.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Swami805

I always enjoyed his posts, hope he's ok
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

I will miss his straight forward styling of posting ..  Smooth sailing .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

He was a no nonsense kind of guy, which I always appreciated. I hope it wasn't Rowdy.  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

I got a call tonight from California,,,but Rudy is 800 some miles from me and I don't know,,,,I hope he is doing ok

Cortez_Conversions

My emails have gone unanswered as well.
I'm hoping he's just taking some time off from the keyboard.....
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

1badf350

Damn I liked him, he was a no BS kinda guy.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

alantani

Omg, I was sent a PM and didn't think anything of it because I was thinking that the obituary was about Keith.  I responded by yes, I knew already and that I had flown out for the funeral, but that was for Keith and not Rudy. I just saw "Florida" and made the wrong connection.  Our condolences to the family.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I hope this isn't so.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brendan

If it is, we lost another good one.

vilters

hope it is not him, if so, he will be missed.i had also noted his absence

Shark Hunter

The only person I know of that has met Rudy in person is Sid.
Life is Good!