You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

You know you're a reel head when... You use the same toothbrush to brush your teeth as you do to smear grease on a reel  ;D
Dom

Caranx

Ohhhh man, that's extreme!!
Good one!!! Lol
I'll call that King of the Reel-heads

Gman_WC

You know off the top of your head what Penn reels take the same drag size.
When you loose track of what you've bought and the packages coming
from FleaBa, Alan, and Smooth Drag are a suprise.
When you buy reels and have them stacked 3-4 deep that you will use someday.  :P
-g
Walnut Creek, CA

Bill B

When the UPS Delivery Man knows your name and says "hi" when you're at the grocery store :P
or
You wait for the UPS guy and flag him down at the end of your block, to intercept the last ebay purchase
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tile

You are taking a shower and think about reel designs and modifications.
You see a brand new reel series and think about modifying it.
In solid fiberglass we trust

seaeagle2

There's always the oldie but goodie, "I hope when I'm gone, my heirs  sell my reel and parts collection for what it's worth, NOT what I told my wife  I paid for it."
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

UKChris

This thread made me laugh, at first, then I thought...

Why did I go to buy black paint to fix a scratch on my car and come home with gold paint to match a scratch on my Tiagra?

Oh dear  :-\

Bill B

you know you're a reel head when you use 80lb mono to floss your teeth..or is that a  crack head ;D

Augie3000

....When you can pinpoint the exact price a reel will sell for on Ebay days before the auction ends. 

....When you catch yourself saying to...yourself, "wow, that guy really overpaid for that reel.  It was only worth $62, not $63.50" 

And this brings me to a favorite saying by Mr. Winston Churchill talking about a fellow statesman that he didn't care for:

"He has none of the vices that I admire, and all of the virtues that I despise"  Or something like that.  Certainly taking apart reels is a vice worth having...no? 

Hadge

The wife bought two battery operated tooth brushes for her and I and I had to remark "those would be great for cleaning reels" the look she gave my said it all.
Hadge

Alto Mare

Hadge, you shouldn't have mentioned it, those have replaceable tips...she would have never known ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Quote...she would have never known ;D
If it weren't for the greasy fingerprints  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bill B

Could have claimed it was from fried chicken ;D

hafnor

if you feel like you are the son of Rembrandt when you paint your reels with grease :)

saltydog

If your wife recognizes the type of lubricant you just got done putting on your reel like a fragrance.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur