You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Ahab

Quote from: philaroman on March 11, 2014, 02:48:21 PM
when you wake up & panic, because there's a strange, oily discharge on your sheets...  then, you remember that you dozed off while playing with a reel in bed

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldSchool

having your post pinned feels like employee of the month....

bluefish69

Quote from: philaroman on March 11, 2014, 02:48:21 PM
when you wake up & panic, because there's a strange, oily discharge on your sheets...  then, you remember that you dozed off while playing with a reel in bed

I let the wife read your post & laughed. She said "She will check in the morning"

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

dogdad1

... you read stuff like this and say "Nawww, that's really not me", but the only one you're trying to convince is yourself.
"Few things are quite as dangerous or unpredictable as an Engineer with too much time on his hands". - unknown

OldSchool

When you insist your wife calls you by your online name..

the rockfish ninja

1-When you cruise flea markets & garage sales, and the first thing out of your mouth is "Any fishing stuff?"
2-When you rank reels in your top 3 things in life. (ie: for me it's -girls, guitars & fishing gear)
3-When you have one special reel that you - use a reel cover, treat like crystal, have not scratched it yet since you bought it, and would bawl like a toddler when/if you do. (Hey don't laugh, I have one) ;)

...and lastly, the only true indicator........

.................YOU WANT MORE REELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Shark Hunter

Amen! to that Brother! ;D
Love that Avatar! ;)
When the highlight of your weekend is doing a double dogged, stainless sleeved, Keta Kranked, 9 stack, 12/0 that you never get tired of listening to! Clickety Clack Baby!! Thats the Dinner Bell! Come and get it! ;D
Life is Good!

OldSchool

When you make posts like this,
Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 12, 2014, 10:19:46 PM
When the highlight of your weekend is doing a double dogged, stainless sleeved, Keta Kranked, 9 stack, 12/0 that you never get tired of listening to! Clickety Clack Baby!! Thats the Dinner Bell! Come and get it! ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 12, 2014, 10:19:46 PM
Thats the Dinner Bell! Come and get it! ;D

Daron,

that's the clicker, fish on... :D ;D

Shark Hunter

No, Its not the clicker Mel. Its Lee's double stainless dogs making Music to my Ears! ;)
Life is Good!

Mandelstam

We should record dog clicking from different reels and put out an album! It will be a hit! :D

And no, I'm not kidding! ;)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Mandelstam

And we get Morgan Freeman to narrate and present each Dog and Reel... :P

"Following is a Penn Senator 9/0 that was equipped with double alternating dogs in early 2014. Stainless dogs and a stainless gear sleeve, lightly greased."  *CLICK   CLICK   CLICK   CLICK   CLICK*

:)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Newell Nut

My sister told my that the 646 newell that I just build reminded her of the Jaws movie with the loud dog clicks.