Its time for me to fess up.

Started by gstours, November 01, 2023, 11:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

The reason ive been quiet here is because Ken, my best fishin buddy and neighbor passed away this spring after a couple of years of struggling with cancer to stay alive.   I,m not yet recovered but there,s a little more wind in my sails every month passing of the big tides. 
  After much neglect and thought of you being family, I hope to make a return maybe to a somewhat normal me
So look for a post fairly soon in the Great Northwest Section here.   :ct   gst.

boon

Sorry for your loss, Gary. Nice to see you back on the forums though, hope to hear more of your adventures once you're feeling up to it.

steelfish

sorry for your loss compadre Gary, take your time, you will be always welcome to post your adventures
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Sorry for your loss, glad we'll see more of you. I'm sure Ken would want you back out killing some fish, good friends are like that
Do what you can with that you have where you are

jurelometer

Great to see you back Gary.  Somewhat normal is our specialty here :)  You'll be right at home.

As Alex says, take your time.

-Dave

broadway

Gary,
   Very sorry for your loss.  You two crazy kids were a hell of a team... Only time can heal that wound. 
Wishing you the best and look forward to your return and adventures.
RIP Ken
Warm regards,
Dom

Crow

Yeah, it sucks to lose a buddy!  I just lost the best fishin' buddy I ever had, last Monday......the island won't be nearly as much fun,without him! So I kinda' know what you are going through! Hang tough, and honor their memory..that's the best I can come up with.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Cor

It's sadly our age thing to lose good buddies like that.

My condolences to you.
Cornelis

Midway Tommy

Good to see you headed back, Gary.  8) I figured your absence had something to do with the loss of your fishing buddy. May he RIP!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pointbob

Quote from: gstours on November 01, 2023, 11:12:20 PMThe reason ive been quiet here is because Ken, my best fishin buddy and neighbor passed away this spring after a couple of years of struggling with cancer to stay alive.   I,m not yet recovered but there,s a little more wind in my sails every month passing of the big tides. 
  After much neglect and thought of you being family, I hope to make a return maybe to a somewhat normal me
So look for a post fairly soon in the Great Northwest Section here.   :ct   gst.

Excellent news! And thanks for sharing. Where abouts are you in the PNW? i'm near 98281
Patience comes to those who wait

Shark Hunter

Good to Hear from you Gary!
Take all the time you need buddy.
We'll be waiting.
Life is Good!

Hardy Boy

Gary: It will be nice to have you back on your time schedule and when you are ready. Take care and I hope you are ready for winter.

So sorry to hear about Ken.

Todd
Todd

Dominick

Gary, we all need time to grieve. We look forward to hearing of your adventures in the great northwest.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brewcrafter

Gary - Condolences, I can understand how tough it is, no need to apologize for taking time.  I suspect that once you get back out on the water, that is probably where Ken would want you to be.  - john