Roller guides acid spiral wrap

Started by MexicanGulf, November 11, 2023, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MexicanGulf

What do you think of tuna rods mounted with spiral wrap roller guides?

MexicanGulf

MexicanGulf

MexicanGulf

Keta

It looks looks like the line will cut the first transition guide.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Squidder Bidder

Are they released for sale on April 1?

:P

Swami805

Assuming there's no line rub and the angle on the rollers isn't an issue, why?  The gimbal eliminates any torque to the side   
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

A gimble butt does not eliminate the torque, only keeps it from turning the rod.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

That first roller does look crooked.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

day0ne

Personally, I think roller guides are a pain and can be more trouble than they are worth. Maybe needed a long time ago but not with braid.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

MarkT

All American acid Neptune guides? Well, I guess if that's the way you roll...
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

I'm with the others, looks line line rub will be an issue.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Quote from: day0ne on November 12, 2023, 09:22:06 PMPersonally, I think roller guides are a pain and can be more trouble than they are worth. Maybe needed a long time ago but not with braid.

For "vertical" fishing in deeper water for fish like pacific halibut or any deep drop set up roller tips are nice. 

Todays guide ring material makes roller guides almost obsolete.

Mark Twain

MexicanGulf

The Everol pulleys are milled from solid, the rollers are mounted on double bearings lubricated with specific high performance grease, high smoothness bearings  obviously shielded, it really takes a lot to ruin them. Annual maintenance is sufficient to keep them in perfect working order.

MexicanGulf

Quote from: Dominick on November 12, 2023, 06:44:49 PMThat first roller does look crooked.  Dominick

I remember this type of talk at the time of the first acid rod rods. Now everyone fishes with acid, even those people who previously criticized them...