Main Menu

Self-Intro

Started by JonM, January 24, 2024, 04:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

Hi there just taking a few minutes to introduce myself. I live in San Jose, and I usually target near-shore via surf, kayak or friend's boat, but I'm getting the bug for longe-range fishing. Took a 1.5 day out of San Diego this past summer with one of the local clubs and got the bug. I'll be asking about gear and hopefully posting successful kayak trips in the meantime.

JonM

Brewcrafter

Welcome Jon from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

foakes

Welcome aboard, Jon!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sabaman1

Welcome Jon!

Jim from San Diego
JIM

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,, ;D

JasonGotaProblem

Sounds about right. Welcome aboard.

What do you fish with?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

happyhooker

Greetings, Jon, from Minnesota.

Frank

alantani

glad to have you aboard!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

Welcome and cheers.

Todd
Todd

jurelometer

Yay- a kayaker!

Welcome.

Donnyboat

Hi Jon what other reels do you have, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

Welcome Jon.

I'm in West San Jose and Alan is in Saratoga if you have any questions on gear, tackle, rigging,...

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Ask away.  Your questions educate us all.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

JonM

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on January 24, 2024, 11:18:12 AMSounds about right. Welcome aboard.

What do you fish with?

I'm just building out my gear - I've focused on inshore stuff (calstar700/Penn965, and the like) keeping it simple and small, but am looking to build an offshore inventory slowly

JonM

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 25, 2024, 09:20:53 AMWelcome Jon.

I'm in West San Jose and Alan is in Saratoga if you have any questions on gear, tackle, rigging,...

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, and I'll plan on taking you up on that :) . I've already had Alan tune my Boss270 and replace the handle, along with stringing my first 2speed. I think I enjoyed the conversation as much as the actual service, so I'm nearby and always available to a quick social activity :)

JonM