113H- everything SS

Started by BMITCH, March 16, 2012, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Hi everyone, does anyone know if there is available The following parts in SS.

11-113  eccentric jack
3-113H  bridge w/ sleeve. ( sleeve not required as I already have the upgraded one from Alan)

Trying to make a 113HLW as corrosion proof and strong as possible. I've already started a separate thread about the JV side plates.
luck is the residue of design.

Squirmypug

Working on getting the ss bridge, I'm not sure about the jack.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Keta

Making a jack will require a press and form.  A full machine shop should be able to make them.  Bridges can be made relatively easy if you cut them out with a water cutter and have access to a lathe and TIG welder.

The SS dogs are still waiting to be cut.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

as far as i know, these parts are not available.  not sure they are necessary, either, but i understand why you are asking.  if i was putting the reel together, that's the way i would build it. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

If all these SS parts come together what an awesome reel that will be. I greatly appreciate everyone's efforts and hope this becomes the reel deal. I'm sure other reel addicts will want to upgrade the 113H also.

Thanks

Bob

alantani

i would be more interested in seeing all of the exposed metal parts made of stainless first.  rings would be nice.  then add clicker buttons, levers, star all the screws.  we already have a stainless steel handle arm and gear sleeve.  it's just alot of money.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on March 16, 2012, 03:08:26 PM
rings would be nice. 

When my S-n-L gets back home from Alaska I plan on having my daughter "tell him"  :o to see if he can make me some SS rings.  If he can build WWII Zero airframe parts he should be able to make rings.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

seaeagle2

Quote from: Keta on March 16, 2012, 03:39:17 PM
Quote from: alantani on March 16, 2012, 03:08:26 PM
rings would be nice. 

if he can make me some SS rings.  If he can build WWII Zero airframe parts he should be able to make rings.

I'm thinking SS rings would be awesome looking, some grease would take care of most internals, but those rings.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

BMITCH

Lee, you have a very full plate.... SS dogs, SS bridge plate, maybe an eccentric.... If all these things come about you will have a cult following, starting with me. This site has awesome people on it!!!!!

Keta

Quote from: BMITCH on March 16, 2012, 05:01:24 PM
Lee, you have a very full plate.... SS dogs, SS bridge plate, maybe an eccentric.... If all these things come about you will have a cult following, starting with me. This site has awesome people on it!!!!!

I just have a lot of time and connections to real metal workers.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Well all the info and know how is greatly appreciated! Now where is those SS dogs for the 113H! LOL.

Irish Jigger

The replacement rings for the 112H are now SS,not sure about the 113h rings. :-\

Caranx

Let's take it one step further. How about titanium dog's, yokes, eccentrics, free spool lever, harness lugs and handle arms?
Parts that are easy to make on a water jet. That way not much material waste.
Could be more affordable.  I wonder what the price would be compared to SS.

Makule

Quote from: Caranx on March 19, 2012, 03:25:34 AM
Let's take it one step further. How about titanium dog's, yokes, eccentrics, free spool lever, harness lugs and handle arms?
Parts that are easy to make on a water jet. That way not much material waste.
Could be more affordable.  I wonder what the price would be compared to SS.

Titanium parts would have to be made of hard titanium and that will be more costly than SS.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Caranx

I understand cost. I say maybe 3-4 times SS.
But if it was just the "got to have it factor", because of corrosion"proof" and lightweight, how many reel-heads would go for it.
Remember, look at the price of a SS high speed gear set at the moment.
Looks like it costs more than the price of titanium.