Smoked tuna bellies

Started by pjstevko, March 18, 2020, 04:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

PJ, what brand of smoker is that ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 13, 2024, 05:22:20 PMPJ, what brand of smoker is that ??

It's a Brinkmann Trailmaster smoker. I think the company went out of business around 2015

pjstevko

[/quote]

PJ!!!!!!

PLZ post your exact recipe,

as I see it, you might be taking over where ChileRelleno left off!!!!!!! :al

Wayne
[/quote]

Wayne I never use a formal receipt, I just throw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and taste it as I go along. Usual ingredients are soy sauce, garlic, citrus juice, honey, sugar, ginger, lemongrass, oil (sesame and/or chili) and water....

Maxed Out

I found one online thru Ali Express that looks very similar to yours, but doesn't say it's a Brinkmann. It's $397
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 13, 2024, 08:06:05 PMI found one online thru Ali Express that looks very similar to yours, but doesn't say it's a Brinkmann. It's $397

I have no idea if that's a good price as I got mine as an anniversary gift from my wife around 10 years ago....I'm sure they are still produce just under a different name brand

pjstevko

Used a could pieces with my breakfast...

Gfish

Mmmmmmmm, now that's a breakfast!
Never smoked-up any tuna. Used to do Salmonids. The brine was just done to taste. Salt dissolved in water until it floats a raw egg, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic, marinate overnight in the fridge.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sabaman1

Quote from: pjstevko on May 13, 2024, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on May 13, 2024, 04:35:21 PMPj I like your smoker setup. Vertical smokers are the best for smoking meats. All your neighbors are probably attracted to your house when you fire it up. Is your smoker a wood chunk smoker?

It can do both but i use charcoal mostly and add wood chucks as I go

:d
 :d
Quote from: pjstevko on May 13, 2024, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on May 13, 2024, 04:35:21 PMPj I like your smoker setup. Vertical smokers are the best for smoking meats. All your neighbors are probably attracted to your house when you fire it up. Is your smoker a wood chunk smoker?

It can do both but i use charcoal mostly and add wood chucks as I go

JIM

pjstevko

Brought some into work today to share and it was gone before I came back to the table with the crackers from the kitchen!!!!