A Penn Senator 9/0 joins the double dogs family

Started by Alto Mare, March 30, 2012, 02:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 03, 2012, 03:31:43 AM
Sal:  No one gets up at 4:00 a.m. unless they are going fishing ;).  Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.  ;D Dominick

No one?  Our semi feral roosters get me up around 04:00 from now until the days get shorter and we go back to Standard time.   >:(
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 03, 2012, 09:58:40 AM

Thanks for sharing it with us Dom. By the way, stainless steel looks very nice with red, when are you going to carve that plate for the double dogs? ;D
Later. Sal
Carve that plate?  You just gave Dom a heart attack.  Put Big Red to the knife aaaagghhh.   ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on April 03, 2012, 12:05:13 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on April 03, 2012, 03:31:43 AM
Sal:  No one gets up at 4:00 a.m. unless they are going fishing ;).  Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.  ;D Dominick

No one?  Our semi feral roosters get me up around 04:00 from now until the days get shorter and we go back to Standard time.   >:(
Lee:  Don't you know you can eat the roosters.  It quiets them down.  :) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Sal,
Never!!! ;)  Have no fear, better to pics to come, I promise!
Dom

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 04, 2012, 01:30:17 AM
Lee:  Don't you know you can eat the roosters.  It quiets them down.  :) Dominick

They are small and tough but make good soup.  This week the latest addition is fighting 2 older roosters to be on the top of the pecking order...I should sell tickets and bet on them.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

That reel is sick! Great Job Alto Mare. Has to be the nicest 9/0 ever, period.

Makule

QuoteOur semi feral roosters get me up around 04:00 from now until the days get shorter and we go back to Standard time.

You mean your rooster adjusts for daylight savings time?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Keta

Yup, they get up 1 hour before sun up no mater what.

Mark Twain

Harry

Thats a tuff lookin 9/0 Sir Master Sal! ;D   what type of handle is that you have on it ? where can i buy one of them?

looks the goods  top job!

Alto Mare

Hey Harry, no Master here, but I'm glad you like my reel. About the handle, I don't see any in silver at the moment, but here is where I purchased it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-M-HANDLE-FIT-PENN-REEL-114H-6-0-OR-9-0-DAIWA-600H-/110859765334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cfc1c656

If you're just looking for the T knob, Dawn might have them in stock.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

For those of you that are questioning whether or not it is worth it to upgrade an older Penn Senator.....keep an eye out on these. That should answer your question  ;):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accu-plates-Accurate-Side-Plates-Nos-Green-/180863169025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1c48f201

I'm speculating that it will hit the $400 mark and I don't believe that bearings and screws are included.

I would love to get my hands on these, but, they're just too rich for my blood :(.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

Starting at $100 for the side plates and $100 for the frame, that's really expensive.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

broadway

I might know someone who bought a pair or two  ;)
They may have come with one bearing in each reel  ;)
They did not come with the bearing caps so I'm gonna pray the existing penn 9/0 bearing caps will work   :(
You might see the results very soon of a couple 9/0's looking pretty sweet  :(
Dom

Alto Mare

Way to go Dom, you snatched both of them from me for just two more dollars. I'm not upset anymore, now that I know you got them.
Enjoy them buddy and show some pictures, if you decide to mount them.

broadway

Sal,
       I knew you were gunning for them, but I just couldn't pass them up... they're in mint condition, too!
I got the gold and silver, and the gold frame to go with the plates.  As you know I have the silver frame so I now have 2 complete sets.  I also have the 9/0 handles in gold and silver.  As long as a 9/0 in the lighthouse box doesn't pop up, it's all yours.  I'm gonna keep some dough in the bank for a bit ;)
You know you're next in line for them if I decide to get rid of 'em,
Dom