Penn 24-66 and 24-49 Question

Started by Keta, April 08, 2012, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

The handles for 49 and 66 reels are 5" long, what is the difference between the 2?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

akfish

24-49 should be sightly longer than 24-66. At least that's the case with the ones I have. Measure them closely and if yours are the same length, then Penn made a boo boo.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Keta

Quote from: akfish on April 08, 2012, 04:07:37 PM
24-49 should be sightly longer than 24-66. At least that's the case with the ones I have. Measure them closely and if yours are the same length, then Penn made a boo boo.

Thanks, I'm just going by the photo on MysticParts.  Either handle will work for the Surfmaster 100 and 150 I'm working on then.

I can see the differance if I look closely.

alantani.com
"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com" (image files)

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

the 24-66 I have measures 4" center to center handle to c. balance, the 24-49 is 4.25".  The 49 is slightly wider, with a bigger circle of metal at the handle and c.b. end, and slightly more curve to it.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Keta

Mark Twain

doradoben

I have a 24-66 handle on a Penn 146 Squidder & think it's a very good choice. Another one that you may want to consider is the non-counterbalanced handle from a 112h. Sorry, but I don't remember the part number. Either of these would make a nice upgrade on a Surfmaster..