Hello All from over the pond in Welsh Wales !

Started by springwell, April 11, 2012, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springwell

Hi All,

Bill here from wild Welsh Wales!

I've dabbled and tinkered with reels since the 70's, the old Abu's, Mitchell 602's ! and others which I use from the shore.

Never done a full rebuild, well not yet!

I'm now trying to build up a small selection of left hand wind Penns which I really like using due to their simplicity and ruggedness. I've got modern multipliers Abu etc but I just like the feel of a Penn and knowing it takes a bit of skill to cast them from the shore with no brakes does give me  some satisfaction. But try and find left hand wind Penns over here its a virtual impossible  task, they are very few and far between, might have to give in and go RHW .

Well I think I've rambled on and bored you enough for now!

All the best from Wales.

Bill
There is a fine line between the angler and madness

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the Forum springwell.
Be adventurous and convert some cheap Ebay Penn's to left hand. ;) Parts are available from Penn Servicing in Pershore, Worcs.
PM me if you need more details..

springwell

Quote from: Irish Jigger on April 11, 2012, 03:22:33 PM
Welcome to the Forum springwell.
Be adventurous and convert some cheap Ebay Penn's to left hand. ;) Parts are available from Penn Servicing in Pershore, Worcs.
PM me if you need more details..

Thanks for the welcomes !. That would be Mick Simmons for the Penn spares ? I have thought about converting them, just not sure which ones can be converted, I'm thinking of Squidders and  Jigmasters.

Bill

Irish Jigger

Yes Bill,Mick's the man. I think both those reels are convertible,phone Mick re availability of parts.

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from Northern California, (not Caledonia ;)) Bill!  Love those Jigmasters. 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

redsetta

Welcome from New Zealand Bill.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

qcguy4198

Welcome Bill..!!!!
After you've been here awhile....you'll begin to feel an urge to buy old reels from pawn shops and fleamarkets( or whatever you have in Wales...)just to open them up and put them back in shape to fish.
ENJOY...as addictions go...we could all certainly do worse..!!

kamuwela

springwell

Thanks all for the great welcome.

Reading through the posts seems like a nice place to be!

I'll soon have a few questions regarding Penns ( which ones can be "easily" converted to left hand wind without spending a fortune!). 

Bill  :)

UK Ron

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Hi Bill:  In 1969 I purchased a Triumph TR-6 and had it delivered to me in Amsterdam.  I drove from Amsterdam to Naples where I had the car shipped to the U.S.  I drove through the Welsh countryside, on my way to France and Italy, it was quite beautiful.  You live in a great country.  Welcome aboard.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Nice one Dominick - the TR6 is a great car.
Must've been a fantastic trip.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer