Gears and Other Aftermarket Parts

Started by Keta, April 15, 2012, 03:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

If I could keep from buying more old Penn reels  ;D  and parts I'd have the funds from the dog sales to have some gears built!!!! 

If I was to get gears started what reel would be the best to make the first batch for?  Jigmaster/112H?  113H?  114H? Or?  I prefer bronze gears but the first run will probably be SS.

What reels need SS dogs?  Jigmaster is next and I'm going to have some made for my personal Surfmaster 150 and 100 reels.   Is there any interest in 349 type dogs for other reels?

SS handle arms?  They will be heavier but lightning cuts can reduce the weight, is there any interest in these?

Anything else?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broschro

jigmaster 505hs ss gears Would be nice

Alto Mare

Jigmaster/112H  113H  114H  115.
3.25 ss gears for the 114h is a must and you only need the pinion for the 115 ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

seaeagle2

4:1 gears for the 113H, to go with the dogs,
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

114H would be next.  Still waiting for an Accurate reference.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Thanks to the generosity of the people on this board I have a set of Newell 4:1 gears in my double SS dog narrowed 113H (thanks again) that I can take out to use and a set of 505 gears are not that expensive but some of the others I don't have the funds to buy.  

I'd be willing to give a SUBSTANTIAL deposit (over replacement cost) for the loan of other gears for dimensions and treat them like I do my grandfathers guns.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on April 15, 2012, 05:11:01 PM
I'd be willing to give a SUBSTANTIAL deposit (over replacement cost) for the loan of other gears for dimensions and treat them like I do my grandfathers guns.
Lee:  I tried that, but no takers.  I hope you have better luck.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 15, 2012, 06:24:32 PM
Lee:  I tried that, but no takers.  I hope you have better luck.  Dominick

We might have to pool our funds to get the more expensive gears.

Mark Twain

ShoreKasterHI

I would love to get some 113 and 114 gears. I tried to help get some 114 gears from a guy on another forum had it for $100 but another buyer is 1st hopefully if his deal falls i'll be next in line.

Makule

Two questions:

A friend has a lot of Newells and may have some spare gears.  What Newell reel (model #) gears are you using for the 113H?

Which gears do you need to take specs from?  It's not clear to me from what you've said.

Thanks to the generosity of the people on this board I have a set of Newell 4:1 gears in my double SS dog narrowed 113H (thanks again) that I can take out to use and a set of 505 gears are not that expensive but some of the others I don't have the funds to buy.  

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Keta

Quote from: Makule on April 15, 2012, 08:13:24 PM

Which gears do you need to take specs from?  It's not clear to me from what you've said.

High speed aftermarket gear sets for Penn 500/112, 113H and 114H reels. 

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Good question Albert.

Quote from: Makule on April 15, 2012, 08:13:24 PM
Two questions:

A friend has a lot of Newells and may have some spare gears.  What Newell reel (model #) gears are you using for the 113H?

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

As noted in the PM Lee, I can send you Newell 500/112 gears tomorrow if they're still needed.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

We'll keep yours in mind but postage to and from NZ is crazy!  Thanks for the Magazine, it looks like NZ is a good place to live.

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Hi Lee,

I picked up a few gears for reference from Alan to measure up.  Will advise of the differences shortly.

Bryan