Shimano TLD 20 & 25 carbontex washer size

Started by Westii, April 27, 2012, 03:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westii

Looking for some help here.  I ordered Carbontex drag washers for a couple of TLD 20 single speeds.  When I went to replace the stock canvas washer, I discovered that the Carbontex washers were MUCH smaller than the original.  See photos below.  Did I get the wrong size from the supplier (wasn't from Dawn) or are they supposed to be that size?  Based on the rebuild photos from Alan, I think I got the wrong size from the supplier.  The drag washers came in packages marked Shimano TLD 20 & 25 Single Speed.

alantani

looks like you got a tld 15 washer.  if dawn can help, let her know.  if you need them quick (i think she is on vacation pretty soon here) then let me know and i can send one out to you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Westii

Thanks, Alan.  I don't need them quick, so I will return them to the place I got them and make sure they send me the right ones.  Should have just ordered from Dawn the first time around...

alantani

there is a price difference as well.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dawn

Hmmm...that's kinda weird, hope I didn't mis-package them.  Let me know if I can do anything.

Dawn
Dawn

Westii

I ordered 2 and both of them were the TLD 15 size in 20/25 packaging.  I'm not in a rush, so hopefully I can just exchange them for the proper size.  I have to send something else back to them anyway, so I can just throw these back in the package.