Howdy from TX

Started by GordaYota, May 28, 2012, 11:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordaYota

Been reading on here for a few months now and decided to join up finally.  My style of fishing may be a bit different than most, since I'm just a poor boy with a big fish addiction without a boat or money to take too many charters.  So this leaves me with targeting sharks from the beach or heading out in the yak to chase nearshore kings, lings, jack crevalle, and the occasional bonita.

wallacewt

welcome,yep we have all been there done that.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

aloha and thank you for joining us.

redsetta

Welcome aboard GY.
x2 on Wallace's post - been there too...
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Makule

Aloha, e komo mai.

Don't feel bad about fishing from shore or from a kayak.  I used to have a boat and got rid of it.  Was too much like work.  Around here, most people fish from shore.  Kayak fishing is becoming very popular, and I think boat fishing is declining because of fuel prices.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard!!!!
fishing is fishing.   Get er done!!!   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Squirmypug

Welcome GordaYota, I think we might be members of the same shark fishing site. Good to see another LBSF here  :)
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Saltywounds

Hey I'm on the texas coast also. I just joined also. I've never seen so much information on reels before.

redsetta

Welcome aboard BT.
Seems like there's some great fishing on the Texas coast.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Norcal Pescador

No money spent on a boat = more money to spend on gear and trips.  ;D

Welcome!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Ayup.  Howdy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

coastalobsession

Quote from: GordaYota on May 28, 2012, 11:18:29 PM
Been reading on here for a few months now and decided to join up finally.  My style of fishing may be a bit different than most, since I'm just a poor boy with a big fish addiction without a boat or money to take too many charters.  So this leaves me with targeting sharks from the beach or heading out in the yak to chase nearshore kings, lings, jack crevalle, and the occasional bonita.
With Gorda in your user name are you from Matagorda??
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

UK Ron

alantani

probably one of the best reels for your application is the daiwa 900H. i understand alot of guys fishing from the beach use that reel. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!