POWELL PIC

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, June 22, 2012, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Good morning, Dave....nice picture.
Since it is a morning shot, I take it it's from the east.

Proverbs of our ancestors that usually never fail:
"Alba rossa chiama pioggia" ( Red dawn called rain )....rhymes in italian :)

I never venture out when  dawn is that beautiful, the other way around if it's at sunset.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

HOLEINTHEWATER

IT IS FROM POWELL YESTERDAY. NOT MY PIC, I BORROWED IT.

HOLEINTHEWATER

THIS IS THE END OF LAKE POWELL. THE COLORADO RIVER COMING IN.

kamuwela

i look forward to seeing these beautiful pics every morning, thank you very much.

broadway

You're one lucky man to experience all that beauty... enjoy it!
Thanks for sharing something most of us will never see,
Dom

alantani

nice.  i definitely need to get out more!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HOLEINTHEWATER

HOLEINTHEWATER

THESE ARE NOT MY PIC GOT THEM FROM TONY A FRIEND THAT DID SOME 4X4  AND HIKING TRIPS OVER THE YEARS IN THESE AREAS. HE GOING BACK TO POWELL IN HIS HOUSE BOAT IN A COUPLE WEEKS. SHOULD HAVE SOME GREAT PIC.

CANYONLAND BUY THE GREEN RIVER

HOLEINTHEWATER

SAW THIS GOING HOME FRIDAY.  HE WAS DOING 75 PLUS MPH AND LEFT ME SETTING IN HIS DUST.

thinket

nice action shots! oh and nice ford.

Bill B

Something about old Fords and old Penns..... ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

had one of these as a teenager.  it was a '54 ford, just 2 years older than me!  had a little 4 banger engine.  the battery box was located in the floorboard on the passengers side and could be accessed from a built in hatch.  you could put a small ice chest in place of the battery and then cover the hatch with carpet.  never did that, of course, but thought about it!   ;D

raumati01

Classic, I had a 48 ford bonus with a 302 cleveland and holden front end in it. When I first got it it had huge rear tires which were fun in the dry but it handled like a dog on wet lino in the wet.Had to get some saner tires after an incident that made me nearly wish I had worn brown trousers. Good times, thanks for the pic.

Btw that wasn't a misprint, the Cleveland dies ended up with Ford Australia and they destroked the 351 to 302 so they wouldn't have to import the Windsor anymore. The Windsor was a better motor though, I think Ford Australia made the last Clevelands for De Tomaso in the mid 80s.

alantani

de tomaso?  you mean as in the de tomaso pantera?

raumati01

Yep that De Tomaso, they used the four bolt main 4v heads and I think they had a four weber set up which must have been a nightmare to tune. I've only ever seen one, I heard they had huge rust issues that lead to a recall in the 70s.