Newell G220F pieces

Started by TEAMFISH, July 27, 2012, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEAMFISH

I'm in need of a couple small parts for a used G220F I picked up on Flea Bay.

Looking for a Belleville washer # 3-142 and a threaded insert (left side) # 3-205
Also looking for the right side S/S ring # 2-204R but I figure that to be a long shot unless someone has a parts reel sitting around.

I can pick up pretty much anywhere in the south bay area or can pay by card if it's a reputable shop. They cant be that much. Can they? :)

Or can someone just point me in the right direction.

alantani

Send me an e-mail to alantani@yahoo.com after august 3rd and we'll see what I've got.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

TEAMFISH

Quote from: alantani on July 27, 2012, 11:54:27 AM
Send me an e-mail to alantani@yahoo.com after august 3rd and we'll see what I've got.

I new you would jump in and save the day, thanks Alan.

Bryan Young

PN 3-142 - I tend not to use this washer.  It scratches up the star.  I haven't had any problems with this washer missing from the stack.  The purpose is to provide pressure beween the handle and star to reduce backing off, but the pressure from PN 3-144 provide sufficient pressure to prevent backoffs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

No one here uses that washer either. I just toss them.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

TEAMFISH

Been awhile since I originally posted but thought I would throw out a little FYI.
I got rid of the bevellue washer as recommended, salvaged the side plate ring (only had a small crack on one of the screw holes, cosmetic only) What I did find is that the little captive female standoff is available from McMaster Carr. It comes with a 4-40 thread and Newell uses a 5-40 thread. I just had to get the right tap and basically chase the threads, worked perfectly. From what i found they are the same for most 200 and 300 series Newells. I now have a couple dozen extra but for $ 10.00 plus change, i can live with it.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/93090a430/=j375yr

makana59

Aloha, I was wondering if you still have availible the Side threaded insert for the newell.  Thank you very much Grant

alantani

grant, not sure what part you're asking for.......  

makana59

alan, was looking for the # 3-205 the right side threaded insert.  You know where you can get this part from?  Mahalos Alan

bluefish69

Sounds like he is looking for a S S Bearing Cup with plastic ring. You could replace the plastic ring with an "O" Ring

Mike

alantani

got it!!!!!!  send me a pm with your address and i will send it out.  i will see if i have a screw to go with it.  alan

bluefish69

Alan

There isn't a screw. The Bearing Cup screws into the side of the reel. The right side is not the adjustment side, it screws in snug but not tight.

Frank

The threaded insert he is referring to goes into the right side top screw hole of the spool side stainless sideplate ring. A stainless screw is inserted from the other side and together with the insert they secure the 2 stainless rings to the sideplate.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

alantani

yup, got it!  and i've got a beautifull stainless steel 5-40 oval head screw to go with it!

makana59

Mahalo for all the information Alan,
   Is there a way I could buy some from you?  If you have 4 availble that would be good.  I got 4 235's and the inserts are getting a little discolored.  If you are only willing to sell one that is fine.  Thank you for everything.  Grant

p.s.  if you decide to sell how do we go about starting the process.