My 505HS

Started by Alto Mare, July 28, 2012, 10:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Bryan, do you recognize this reel? Sorry buddy, just couldn't resist the upgrades:

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Nice work Sal.
That's a great-looking frame (and handle).
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

bluefish69

Really nice work. I would put that reel on a shelf to look at. It's too pretty to use for Blue Fish up here in Brooklyn. You do have the proper speed of 5-1 though.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

You're right bluefish69, that reel is only for show, a friend send it to me as a gift. By the way, you got me confused with Broadway, I'm from Pennsylvania, but I do fish off Jersey every now and then. The Jigmaster is a good reel for blues and stripers, I also use the older ss spinners.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

I know you were from Pa. I was commenting that it is too pretty for Blues,that's all. Most of us use Newells either a P or G 322 - 338

Alto Mare

I'm surprised bluefish, most use Penn's down my way.

john2244

Hello Sal,

Nice work on the 505HS.  I know a guy that has a Penn collection and that reel would fit perfert !!

JOhn

bluefish69

Most of the regulars on the one Blue fish bpat in port use Newells. This year I 'm working a bottom boat & there are about 6 Newell users. Monday I am doing bearing for someone on the boat & I hope they come out easy.

Alto Mare

Yes John I know that guy, but I can't give away gifts.

Bluefish, you're right about those bearings. Newells are nice reel, but somehow they attract more  salt than Penn. Good luck with that bearing, hopefully it will come right out.

john2244

I know Sal, I am only kidding with you.  Again, you did a nice job on the 505.  If fact, I just added a 505 to my collection today.  Most, if not all,  of the reels in collection are factory stock.  The reels with Accurate and Tiburon frame are the reels I use for fishing.
John

Alto Mare

I know you are John. The reel is brand new, I'm keeping the stock parts just in case I want to bring it back to its original state.

Bryan Young

That's nice Sal.  I didn't know that the Accurate Extreme handle fit Penns.  Looks great.  That handle and arm would look great on my ProGear 255.  Nah, I've got Alan's SS arm with Pete's spinner handle.  It's a great match.

John, you have a great collection, and should have just purchased that reel that you just got.  Snoozin, I'm loosin.

Aloha guys.  Good job on the hopping of those reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Nice one, Sal! ... I love those old accurate handles... don't see them much.
It may be too pretty for bluefish, but looks perfect for cow bass!
The box is in nice shape, too  ;)
PS- you got some good friends!
Dom

George4741

But it's not NARROW! (aka 506) :o

Just busting your chops. ;) ;D

Great looking reel, and it will handle about 90% of the salt water fishing.
viurem lliures o morirem

LI Guy

I was Bluefishing yesterday. Loaded the boat 13# average. When I got back all my reels looked like the " Lizzy Borden Signature Edition". It would really hurt to put such a pretty reel through that abuse.