lubricants

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

Just got back from the guys at tsi. I sent them a mail asking if there were any Norwegian carriers of the product. Actually spoke to a friend of mine who is in the military and the norwegian military use tsi301 and 321 for their guns and equipment, same as a lot of police dept. in the states.

Well, unfourtanetly Alan sent me a can of this wonderful oil but the I lost three quarters by leaving the can accidentally open for a night, so now I am empty...

Nick Armendinger sent me a very nice mail regarding the oil. unfourtanetly there is not a listed store in Norway that carries tsi products so I have to get it from someone who has it. He said he could ship me a can but the shipping and handle is 25$+15$ for the 8oz can. leaving me at a total of 40USD and expected Toll, vat from customs approx. 17$ close to 60$ for an 8 oz can is a bit much, can anyone help me out here? anybody know a website that has a cheaper option for the tsi301?

either way hope to hear back from you guys. I am copying the mail for you to read. MAybe it's already out there but what the heck.

EMAIL:

Dear Mr. Hafnor,

Thank you for your  continued use of our products and your recent e-mail. As long as you order the bulk 301 (8oz, 16oz can) instead of aerosol (considered a restricted article for air shipment) we should be able to ship with no problems. We do accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express payments. Please note that there is a $25.00 handling charge for preparation of export documentation on all orders. The main difference between 301 and 321 is that the 321 is the pure lubricant while 301 has a solvent component added to help remove dirt, rust, carbon builup, etc. So you might use 301 to periodically clean your reels and 321 for regular lubrication but 301 will also lubricate as well.  I have attached a price list as well as a data sheet on our product. Hopefully, this information helps you.

Best Regards,

Nick Armendinger

Bryan Young

Let's wait until Alan gets back.  I think he has sent some overseas before.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

hafnor

yes, Alan sent me last time. I can check with him regarding shipping. :)

mario1966

Mr Tani i want your feedback about this product , i used this in my jobs and work perfect never dries , we used this with bolts & nut in chilled water in industial a/c systems, my experience i remove nuts with more 10 years very easy, let me know

Share This Product

Anti Seize Compound, Marine Grade, 8-Oz. Brush Top Can, Size/Net Weight 8 oz, Temp Range -20 to 2400 F, Specific Gravity 1.27, Contains 3% VOC, Film Type Paste, Protects Assemblies that are Exposed to Fresh and Salt Water, Offers Water Wash-out Resistance and Excellent Lubricity, Works Well in High Humidity Conditions, For Use on Splines, Bushings, Gears and Chains, K Value 0.18, Standards ABS

bluefish69

They even make Never Seize in Copper Blend. I also worked AC & Heating
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

INOX

Cant go past INOX, their entire range is first class for Marine and anywhere where extreme or climatic and high humidity conditions prevail.

alantani

how about i try shipping you a bottle of tsi 321 this time?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

exp2000

I have read so much good stuff about Corrosion X that I have decided to get some.

I have tracked it down here in Australia (I think)?.

http://shop.rcboatbitz.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73_76&products_id=818

Is this the same stuff that you use for servicing fishing reels?

Thanks,
Brett.

alantani

yes, that's it, but we pay $17 here i the US.  we visited australia last year and i know the prices are high, but a $40 price for corrosion x is highway robbery!   :-\

exp2000

Thanks Alan,

Shopping around but it is hard to find cheap freight from the US.

As expensive as it is, it still may be the cheapest option for Australia.

Tiddlerbasher

As no supplier will ship TSI301 to the UK I "made" my own. Starting with TSI321 (which can be shipped overseas from Pilkguns in the US) I needed a solvent. After a few trials I settled on IPA (isopropyl alcohol) 99.9% not rubbing alcohol!!. 8 parts IPA to 2 parts TS321 by weight or volume it doesn't matter. The IPA does not materially alter the oil it just dilutes it and quickly evaporates. It is also completely safe with all common plastics (the orginal solvent is not). Healthwise it is also safer than the original solvent which can no longer be purchased in the UK. Hope this helps someone.

wallacewt

hi tiddler
its obvious you are a man of many talents(andros)and now this.
are you a rocket scientist by any chance ;D
cheers

Tiddlerbasher

No  ;D I just have to much time on my hands and I like things to work properly. Being a retired engineer helps in that respect  ;)
Having an unnatural obsession for fishing tackle doesn't help ;D

alantani

you're going to get along just fine here....   ;D

the legend

Question about Cal's Purple...

I'm new to the site and sorry if I'm asking an already answered question, but I looked through the forum and haven't found a specific answer to this.  I'm interested in trying Cal's grease and noticed the description of Cal's purple being suitable for colder climates and "smaller" reels.  I'm a bass  guy in Kentucky (Cold winters most of the time and HOT summers) and I mostly use Shimano Curados.  Would the Cal's purple be okay or should I go for the Cal's Universal (tan)?