reel deal transmission?

Started by twopatch, September 03, 2012, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twopatch

I found a reel deal transmission model #110 at a garage sale,paid 20 bucks. It was still in the box.It even had the instructions in it. Has anyone ever used one? It says it is a 3 to 1 rato. It lists the reels that can be used.  monofils,surfmasters,squiders,beachmasters,jigmasters,and the 110 senator.
It dosen't mention the 2/0,or 113. I'am thinking the 1/0 would be perfect with the 3 to 1 rato. =9 to 1. This could really get a tady jig moving .I would be fishing for yellowtail,on the yo-yo.  Am I on the right track here? or should I donate it to the Smithsonium? I am asking,because I don't own a 110,and they are pretty hard to find.     

alantani

if it is what i think it is, you have a real gem.  can you post some photos?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

twopatch

I have never posted a photo before. I will look for wifes camera.

George4741

I've heard of those before, but have never seen one.  Imagine a 3:1 ratio.  It could turn a Jigmaster into a 1:12 ratio.  :o  Neat stuff, but I wonder how practical it is with the faster reels?
viurem lliures o morirem

conchydong

They are collectors items usually fetching over $200.00.

Alto Mare

They look ridiculous on a reel and sometimes a nigfhtmare to install.
Conchydong is right, there seems to be a few that like to collect those, don't ask me why :-\. Keep that eyesore in the box and try to sell it and then you can get a nice reel. I've never seen one go for over $100 though.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

twopatch

I am having a hard time downloading. My wife has 900+photos on the camera. I will have to wait until she gets home . I am afraid I will wipe them out,or crash the p.c.

akfish

A couple have come through the shop. They are neat. However, unless installed very carefully, you end up cracking the sideplate. Also, 12:1 is all speed and no power. Remember, Avet discovered that the 8:1 LX was too fast to be fished. But I'd still like to have one!!
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Dominick

I found a couple of photos on Stripers on Line.  Check them out. Dominick

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/675163/penn-squidder-reel-deal
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: akfish on September 04, 2012, 12:42:12 AM
A couple have come through the shop. They are neat. However, unless installed very carefully, you end up cracking the sideplate. Also, 12:1 is all speed and no power. Remember, Avet discovered that the 8:1 LX was too fast to be fished. But I'd still like to have one!!
Ive got one that i dont use. PM me if your interested
Grayson Lanier

twopatch

That's It. My is black.   
As for reeling in a fish,one would kick it into low gear.

conchydong

I'd put  it on flea bay and sell it and purchase something practical (unless you are a collector).

twopatch

Quote from: conchydong on September 04, 2012, 01:15:21 AM
I'd put  it on flea bay and sell it and purchase something practical (unless you are a collector).

I don't concider my self a collector,but my wife might disagree! it seems that all of those old penns,and newell's just seem to follow me home! ;D

alantani

i gave one of those away to a buddy that had a penn collection. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on September 04, 2012, 05:59:41 AM
i gave one of those away to a buddy that had a penn collection. 
If he is a buddy he must be here, is he?
Maybe we can get to see his collection.
I thought I was your buddy :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.