Who is the manufacturer?

Started by Redfish King, September 20, 2012, 08:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish King

Its a Penn look alike.Has a ss/plastic spool.No name anywhere on it but I know you experts know the emblem I hope.Also wondering if any parts are around for this thing?Looks and feels like trash to me but it is for a friend that is attached to it.

Thanks Redfish King

Bryan Young

Looks kinds like an off brand Ocean City to me, but I am probably wrong.  Alan has tons of old reels that the parts may be compatable.  It becomes a matter of taking reels apart and finding what you need...kind of like a "Pull" auto dismantlers.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

G'day RK,
I agree with Bryan - that curved clutch lever is very Ocean City-esque.
Likely 'off brand', as he notes, however.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

hahaha, I was looking at the curved thumb bar, and not the curved clutch lever, but you are right Justin. :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Always loved the curved thumb bar! First conventional was a froze up OC. Couldn't cast for anything but if you put enough weight on it it would free spool. Used to drag chovies around the dock with it for bass, croaker...whatever. Those were the days.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

spottybastard

That looks an awfully lot like an Mitchell I saw on eBay a while back.  Does it say "made in France" any where on it?

Jimmer

Everything on this reel looks O.C., I think I saw a similar looking fish logo on an old catalog, I'll take a look for when I get back home. (in about a month)
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

I was thinking about you Jim, I remember you mentioning that you had some O.C. parts.
BTW, a month away from home is a long time, is it a fishing adventure of a lifetime? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

Redfish King - Yes, I do have some O.C. parts, mostly for the smaller reels. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I have anything if you're not in a hurry. Sal- Wish I was on a fishing adventure, I got sent to the Denver area by my employer to do at least 1 and maybe 4 commercial build outs. Hope I get a chance to do some trout fishing, but it hasn't happened yet.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Trout fishing can also be exciting Jim, also very tasty ;). I hope you get a chance to get out there.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.