Ever Used These Guys?

Started by lawaia, September 19, 2012, 03:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Quote from: franky on April 10, 1974, 12:05:44 PM
I'm sure you know, unlike the other "flammers" on the other sites, Nessie Hunter meant well as he always does with all the valuable information that he shares with us all.
x2

Alto Mare

Quote from: Irish Jigger on September 22, 2012, 07:59:34 AM
Quote from: franky on April 10, 1974, 12:05:44 PM
I'm sure you know, unlike the other "flammers" on the other sites, Nessie Hunter meant well as he always does with all the valuable information that he shares with us all.
x2
X3.
Nessie brings a lot to the table here, we're lucky to have him.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Nessie is a straight shooter in my book and a good example of what makes this site great 8)
Thanks to Marko we have a confirmed answer that these guys are full of it and are big time scammers.
Alan's policy on mailing out parts and performing services on the "honor code" is one of the most beautiful things I've seen.
I hope people start squaring up with you because your trust in man is inspirational.
We're one big, happy family here, and I'm honored to be a part of it... thanks to all of you who look out for each other like big bruddahs! (you guys must be rubbing off on me;)
Thanks
Dom   

wallacewt

alan with your system somebody is always going to jab you.
thats the nature of the beast
sad but true.life is better than that
i like your way,but!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lawaia

Howzit again, guys.  Just want to once more say mahalo for the open-minded and fair discussion.  That's what makes this site the best!

I'm an old fut (pidgin for the phonetically identical passing of greenhouse gas  ;)) so, like Alan, I'm old school and believe in giving newbies a chance to prove themselves one way or another, trusting in my fellow man.  After all, we were all newbies at some point and all of us had to make a first post, yeah?  And, being from Hawaii, where we also live the Aloha spirit, I've also got tolerance for those who aren't old school so, to me, ain't no big t'ing what Nessie did.  Those from the 808, like Franky and Bryan, know that.

I dunno as much as many here about working on reels and stuff, just the minimum maintenance to keepum working, so thass why I'm mostly lurking and not posting.  Have been lucky fishing sometimes but didn't wanna seem a braggart so haven't posted about that but maybe will do a little, to raise the post count?  Hahaha, local upbringing...better to say nothing and perhaps be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt?

Malie kai a me aloha nui,
lawaia

Bryan Young

BTW, Nessie get plenty Aolha spirit. He get plenty friends from Hawaii. PLENTY!!!  And as the saying goes, if you are Ohana with 1 local, you are hanai'd with everyone else.

Aloha.  Glad we have all each other from around the world.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marko

Quote from: alantani on September 22, 2012, 06:04:50 AM
we are all looking out for each other.  everytime you turn around, another reel "company" is popping up.  even my garage has turned into something of a mail order house.  i'm sending out a hundred orders a month. i've always insisted on having the purchaser wait until the parts or reels arrive first.  at first, there were only a couple of guys that "lost" things.  with the number of packages going up, the number of guys forgetting to send checks as gone up.  i'm going to stick with this for a while, though.  i hate paypal.

as You have hundreds of shipping every months- I think it's time to change Your Policy. no shipping until full amount of money received! it would be safer for You!

saltydog

I agree with Marko I had to go to money before you get anything back cause alot of people started the non-payment thing or the 3 or 4 months to get the money,hated to do it but I had to pay the bills.I really appreciate posts like this one because it saves not only me money but anyone who asks me if these are reel deals.I usually go with if it sounds too good to be true then it is.

William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

Quote...at first, there were only a couple of guys that "lost" things.  with the number of packages going up, the number of guys forgetting to send checks as gone up.  i'm going to stick with this for a while, though.
As long as it's not unduly affecting your 'fiscal outlook', it certainly helps sort the wheat from the chaff...
Thanks Alan - it's all much appreciated.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer