700,000 hits for september

Started by alantani, September 27, 2012, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

and we have a few days left.  we might hit 800,000.  had a good talk with keith last week.  this "no advertising" policy is the best.  gonna stick with it.  i also fiddled with the settings, so i think you can post more photos.  do that!  it makes this place more fun!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

john2244

Great site Alan, it will only bigger and better !!! 

John

redsetta

Well done Alan - and well earned.
Long live the 'no ad' policy ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Nessie Hunter

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the cheap (always looking for a deal) person I am, let me make a suggestion...   LOL

With that size and hits associated with the site, perhaps some of the Bigger Tackle makers would LOVE to be involved, the Reel makers should jump on this.. 
(but you already know that)..

Idea/suggestion;
Allow them to put a banner/link up, for Gear, not cash.
Assign or add a Mod to organize, a monthly/weekly ??? give away to members.
Random draw/raffle...
Donation ~ marketing give aways, should not add any tax liability etc????
Im sure something could be worked out???? 

Just thinking out loud here... 
No idea how it would work, or if it would work..

Hhmmmmmmm???????

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

great idea!  i'll be happy to work on it during my free time!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

what i would really like to do is get guys in here from the various reel companies to monitor their own boards and actually respond to some of the questions.  ideally they would come in as members, with no more privileges (and no less) than any other member.  THAT would be fun. 

wallacewt

i dont think they would answer the hard questions.
justify the pricing,etc;etc;

broadway

I like that idea, Alan!  Having the companies on here would be a nice idea.
Wallace, if they can't answer the "hard" questions than we'll know that they're hiding something.  They can't pull the wool over soooo many eyes :o
Nessie, Bloody Decks can have all the flashing advertisements they want... I Love this place, and it's ad- free format,
Thanks,
Dom
PS- congrats on the 700,000 hits!

Dominick

700,000 hits.  Hmmm.  If everyone sends me $1.00 they will have the best luck fishing.  If the send $2.00 they will catch the biggest fish of their life.   ;D  I'll wait for the mailman.  I'm not kidding, send the money and I'll send back good vibes.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

That seems like advertising to me young man ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

whalebreath

OK, OK It's all my fault!

I keep telling people who I know are handy about this place and then they tell their friends.....

Bill B

I like the idea of company reps on their company boards...but I like the "ad-free" atmosphere better...I still troll the other sites, but keep coming back here because of the "uncomplicated, down-home, keep it clean enough for my 13 year old to read" site...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

the minute you bring money into the mix, it changes everything.  so many guys put so much effort into this site, there would be no way to divide things up evenly.  it's best to leave it this way. 

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer