My collection so far

Started by Dres79, October 01, 2012, 12:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dres79

Hi all.  First post so figured I'd share what I'll be looking info for and talking about ...

And my first project. An Abu 6501 CS Rocket converted to non lw upgraded to ABEC #5 and speed bushing

redsetta

Welcome aboard Dres.
Nice selection of Abus (and Avet) - thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Welcome Dres.  Nice collection. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

very nice!  if you ever need a handle for the ambassaduer, there is a daiwa handle for $10 and it has a stainless steel arm.  it fits great. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood and thanks for sharing...

Bryan Young

So far?  That's one good looking collection you got there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

basto

You have converted the rocket into a CT Mag Elite without the mag. Adding the speed bushing and removing the levelwind will enable it to cast as far as an Elite. Nice work!!
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dres79

Thanks everyone.

Recently I bought a PMR center mag for the ProRocket project.  Now it is finished and the reel is more than I expected. 

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

HOLEINTHEWATER

WHY DON'T THE BIGGER REALS HAVE LEVEL WIND ON THEM? DOESN'T THE LINE GET BUNCH UP?

Tile

There are bigger reels that have levelwind like the larger models in the GTI and Fathom series from Penn.
In solid fiberglass we trust

George4741

Quote from: HOLEINTHEWATER on October 30, 2012, 05:58:31 PM
WHY DON'T THE BIGGER REALS HAVE LEVEL WIND ON THEM? DOESN'T THE LINE GET BUNCH UP?

That is what your thumb is for. ;)  Nice collection, Dres.
viurem lliures o morirem

wallacewt

alan what daiwa handle are you talking about for the ambassaduer

Bryan Young

Quote from: wallacewt on November 02, 2012, 01:02:19 AM
alan what daiwa handle are you talking about for the ambassaduer
Hi Wallace,

See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2641.msg15718#msg15718

Here is my Abu 6500C3 with the handle.

This reel has been my proven rock cod killer with 20# PP yellow braid.  I only use this reel in salt water.  Reel pre-use-service and has yet to find any corrosion.  :D

Bryan