Help needed dawn!

Started by hafnor, October 13, 2012, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

Hi, Dawn, I need a new drag washer for my studio ocean mark reel. Hopefully you can help me here?

there are eight notches on the washer and 11,75mm in between them

redsetta

G'day Thor,
Dawn's away till 21 Oct.
I'd be keen to hear how you've found this reel - they're advertising a bit in NZ now and becoming popular for jigging...
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

hafnor

I bought it from a japanese shop. It was way expensive but a stunning reel! I will make a rebuild soon

Robert Janssen

They sell CF washers for those. See your previous Drag Material thread.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Robert Janssen on October 14, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

x2 you can get a CF drag from SOM or possibly many of their dealers.

hafnor

Nessie Hunter

I dont think the Carbontex come thicker then 1 mm or 1.25 mm?? 
Im sure I have seen Dawn say 1mm in the past??

Quote from: johndtuttle on October 15, 2012, 02:36:25 AM
Quote from: Robert Janssen on October 14, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

x2 you can get a CF drag from SOM or possibly many of their dealers.

This would be the Best option IMO... Made to fit...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

she is probably slugging her way through a thousand e-mails!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dawn

Hi
I have been slogging through emails, plus phone and internet down the day I got home!

I don't have anything for this reel, and I don't have material thick enough.  If you can get them elsewhere, that would be the way to go.

Dawn
Dawn

hafnor

oh, taht's bad news. No the manufacturer only makes a CF choice for the newest models.... how can I make this happen? I am thinking hand cut plexi glass underneath the washer (glued with epoxy onto the CF)?

Dawn

It seems that you might be able to cut a washer of fiberglass or plexi to take up space, might get too hot in there for plexi?  I wouldn't glue the CF, the glue usually goes through and ruins it.  It seems like the tabs of both pieces should keep the washer in place without gluing them together.
The reel gurus might have ideas   ;D

Dawn
Dawn

hafnor

could I buy a sheet of 60x60mm sheet of the thickest CF you have dawn? how much?

Irish Jigger

Hi Thor,could you increase the thickness of your proposed stainless steel drag plate to accommodate the thinner CF? :-\

hafnor

No.... They have a machine that already have "read" the parts dimensions already... He is kind of doing me a favour here so I would rather not. I will find a way!

basto

Could you use 2 CF washers one ontop of the other? One at 1mm thick and another thinner one on top.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n