Alan is da man!

Started by CaptKev, October 17, 2012, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptKev

I live near Seattle, but travel to Portland all the time. I dropped some friends' reels off at the local repair shop, a well known and respected reel repair and service business. It's a factory authorized facility for many brands.  I don't have time to service my own, much less a buddys! I was given a Daiwa SL250H reel FOC so I asked about carbontex upgrades. I was a little disappointed when the young guy behind the counter slammed greased drag washers. He even said greased ones start out smooth and become even more stickier than stock. I avoided the debate and said nothing. The biz has recommended carbontex washers for my Ambassadeurs in the past, but blasted them on this visit. Anyways, I bought the stock washers since the originals were toasted. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the reel other than it needed cleaning. Are there carbon fiber washers available for it? The OEM ones really do....well....suck!

As I walked out, another customer followed me out. He told me the employee didn't know poop about carbon fiber washers and I agreed. He then asked if I had ever visited alantani.com for service advice. I laughed and said daily! ;D

Nessie Hunter

;D               ;D                   ;D

He needs to move into the 21st Century!!    ::)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

I'd have to agree, and like to add that it's members of this site that makes this place the best place to visit and stay.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

thanks, kevin. you know, it amazes me that a shop would NOT want to push carbon fiber drags.  a shop could provide a great service for their customers and make money at the same time.   much of this would be nearly impossible without dawn and smoothdrag.com.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

my first suggestion to grease drags at a local tackle shop was met with NO WAY IM GONNA EVER LET SOMEONE PUT GREASE ON MY DRAGS. i must say time has changed for the better, sure took awhile.

saltydog

I don't use anything but carbon fiber and have converted many a customer when they feel how smooooooth they are compared to other drag systems,thanks Alan.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur