Curado CU-100B pack - why 2 washers?

Started by Whiteman, October 17, 2012, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteman

I received the Shimano Curado 100B Carbontex drag washer pack today (thanks for prompt service!).

It comes with 2 washers. My 100B only seems to have the small washer to replace. Is the large washer in the pack for any reason?

Nessie Hunter

http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Low_Profile/01CU100B_v1_m56577569830641823.pdf

Note #1214 that is the Under Washer & goes under the main gear.
Note # 2360  That is the drag washer that goes inside the Main gear (Sandwiched between metal washer and bottom of Gear)....

Replace & grease them both...   Your good to go.... 

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Whiteman

You are a genius NH! This wasn't obvious when I dismantled the spool. Thanks!

chockpish

Hi Dawn, I am wondering if I can get some carbontex sheets from you. I live in Canada!I have a bunch of reels spinning and casting, I would like to upgrade my drags on my casting reels, I have some Browning, Abu C4, Ocean master. I was wondering what the price would be with the shiping and duties and all that good stuff! Also how many drag rings can one sheet of carbontex can yield?You probably get this question one hundred times a day! Looking forward to you answer!

Thanks in advance!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!