I am Goofy- and am going to paint some Penn Sideplates

Started by Joel.B, October 20, 2012, 04:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

I have a couple of products I use on guns- Cerakote is a very strong bake-on finish that is pretty danged tough. Duracoat is an air-cure that is cheaper and much easier to apply- not as tough.

I am hot-rodding some 113s and 114s, I want to paint the sideplates in hotrod colors, maybe do the rings in accent colors.

I am thinking about going with this safety orange with flat black rings http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/H-243Q/

There are just too many colors to choose from.  That crimson red with black would look nice too.......John Deere Green/Yellow..........

WHat about taking a 113h "Tank" and painting it up like an old Sherman?      This is going to be fun

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Go for it Joel, you could make one for me in red- white and blue stripes on one plate and for the opposite plate just change the blue with green ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 20, 2012, 06:04:03 PM
Go for it Joel, you could make one for me in red- white and blue stripes on one plate and for the opposite plate just change the blue with green ;D.

I did not know you  were Mexican-American  ;D

But yeah sure, anything for you amigo  ;)

Alto Mare

Nothing wrong with being Mexican, Joel, they eat a lot of beans. I love beans, but my wife doesn't ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

yo soy mexicano tambien

well, half anyways

and we eat Menudo for breakfast on Saturdays

Alto Mare

Wow joel, Menudo for brekfast, I couldn't do it. It is a nice winter dish for us, along with some pizza di granturco.

Sorry guys, we went from sideplates to beef stomach ;D

Ron Jones

I grew up in So Cal, and grew up with Mexicans. If I have my choice I usually want a Mexican style dish, but I never could stomach Menudo. Just something about it.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Joel.B

Quote from: noyb72 on October 20, 2012, 08:15:36 PM
I grew up in So Cal, and grew up with Mexicans. If I have my choice I usually want a Mexican style dish, but I never could stomach Menudo. Just something about it.

Ron

".....stomach menudo"  was that a pun? 

you don't have the "GUTS" for it?

Ron Jones

Quote from: Joel.B on October 20, 2012, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: noyb72 on October 20, 2012, 08:15:36 PM

Ron

".....stomach menudo"  was that a pun? 

you don't have the "GUTS" for it?

He who would pick a pun would pick a pocket!!

Back to the topic at hand, I have seen some duracoat Mitchel 300s, and I think someones done it to a Senator on here. I personally love the idea, it would make the sides of my 113D match!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bunnlevel Sharker

Would some of that krylon fusion work? go ahead and make fun of me but im thinkin of paintin my 6/0 pink for when my girls sharkin with me
Grayson Lanier

redsetta

Quotego ahead and make fun of me but im thinkin of paintin my 6/0 pink for when my girls sharkin with me
Wouldn't dream of it - it's a good call.
I put pink braid on my daughter's reel and she was instantly keen to go fishing...
Whatever it takes to get 'em out there ;)
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Joel.B

I should buy some Pink Cerakote with my next order coming up.   I think reels with Pink plates would look really nice.  Squidders, Jigmasters, Senators....

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

OldSchool

Cant say i really understood the Mexican lines  ??? anyway sounds like an interesting project and look forward to seeing some pics.