My Penn 155 is in a bowl!

Started by Realtfish, October 22, 2012, 09:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Realtfish

Hello everyone, new to the forums and i come with a serious problem. I recently found a old Penn 155 at a garage sale for 5 bucks, i took it home and today i decided to take it apart and clean/lube it up. Problem is..... I can't get it back together. I now have about 30 pieces of my 155 in a large bowl. Does anyone know of a tutorial,video,guide that can help me put it back together? Would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Realtfish

Alto Mare

Hello Realtfish, no need to panic ;D. You could check out any of Alan's tutorials on these smaller reels, actually even the larger ones. They're all pretty much the same,  here is the schematic for that reel, for starters:

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/155l.pdf

Give it a shot, if you get jammed, no problems..... we're here to help.

Welcome, by the way.
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

x2 - Sal's got you sorted.
Quote...check out any of Alan's tutorials on these smaller reels...
For example: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=44.0
Good luck and welcome aboard, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Ron Jones

The Jigmaster tutorial is close enough that you should be able to figure it out. Alan went part by part through that one.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

harryk3616

piece of cake,   you can do it.   just take your time , go step by step and when your all done, you'll feel very gratified, and get allot of satisfaction on doing it.   everybody is here to help,  they are really a great bunch of guys !

Falhooked

Hello Realtfish, you did good by buying the  penn 155 and asking questions on this site.  I know its been a few days but there is a video from Mystic Reel Parts posted on u-tube        

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"