Many Thanks!

Started by Ward, October 28, 2012, 12:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ward

This board is a wealth of information and resources and Dawn is one of the best resources I've found here.  I placed my first order with her on Wednesday and the drag washers arrived this morning (Saturday).  This allowed me to fix an Abu 6500 that sits on one of my favorite rods and chase Chum Salmon this afternoon.  Chums aren't much to look at or eat but they fight.  The new drags got a workout on two fish too colored up to keep before the rain combined with my bad cold to chase me home.  Now that I'm getting back to normal temp, there are a couple more reels that need to be finished.  I'm thinking Smooth Drag will get a lot of my money. ;D

Bryan Young

Ward, she's got a lot of our money too. Great product, great service.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

QuoteGreat product, great service.
x2
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dawn

Thank you Ward.  Justin and Bryan too!   ;D

Dawn
Dawn

Keta

Ward,
Chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) eat good if they are ocean caught and still bright...........and Dawn is great.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ward

Friend Keta, I've been chasing chums a couple times this week with a couple more trips to go.  A pretty good chum stream flows into the bay accross from my house and I can see the fish jumping and number of anglers with my binoculars.  Good, bright fish are OK to eat but I'm spoiled with good access to silvers and chinook.  Soon, we'll be fishing winter blackmouth on Puget Sound which are resident fish and not as tasty as the summer runs.  Chums can color up a lot while still in the salt but some are silver bright.  One or two of those bright fish will go in the smoker.

Keta

Our eating fish were sockeye (subsistance gillnet caught) but I'd occasionally kill a rod and reel caught silver or king and a fresh chum on the grill was always good.  The only salmon I didn't target for food unless we were crabbing or shrimping and needed bait was humpie.  My wife would get mad when she found out I was doing C&R on steelhead.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain